My confession: I love Mr. Rogers. I loved him as a kid and I watched him unapologetically . And I got a lot of shit for it! Yesterday I saw a commercial for the upcoming movie with Tom Hanks and I immediately got a tear in my eye...it just gave me that nostalgic feeling and made me miss that sweet, innocent time when I just wanted to see Henrietta Kitty (who could only say three words besides Meow..."Beautiful" Misterrogers" and "telephone"...I remember her saying "Meow Meow Beautiful Meow Meow"). Can't wait to see the movie!
Speaking of movies...Jim and I have plans this weekend - Sunday - to finally go see Downton Abbey and I can't wait. We'll go to lunch (Rusty Bucket) and then the movie. No other real plans.
I have my in-service today so my hours are 8-3. I woke up at regular time and did my work out for the day which means I can come home and just relax! Woot! My in-service will consist of three hours on cultural competency then lunch then a meeting about special ed law and I'll end my day with an hour at my desk. Not bad...at least no kids.
My lab in science yesterday went okay. It wasn't the kind of lab where I could hand the kids the instructions and just let them do their thing and of course 1/2 didn't listen to my directions and effed up at least one part of the experiment. Oh and then two kids determine if a number (say 3) was between 0-7 or 7-14 so of course they had a hard time figuring out if something was an acid or base. Ugh...I mean, I'm dealing with some LOW kids. Regardless though, the kids enjoyed it and I gave them all coke afterward (that was one of the substances we tested).
Okay well, my hands are numb so it's hard to type so I'll sign off here. Happy Friday! Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment