My back still hurts. I think it's better than it was yesterday but it was harder to get out of bed. Now that I'm showered and I've loosened it up, it's not tweaking as much so hopefully we're headed in the right direction. I did yoga yesterday and that helped but I think because of my back, I didn't get a great workout. I felt like I was fumbling all over the place like a newbie. I'll try a different routine today...maybe work a bit on my arms and core.
Jim's bday present came in the mail yesterday. I got him one of those weighted blankets. Like that guy needs something to help him sleep better but it's something that would seem right up his alley. I got the mid-weight one (there were three weights to choose from) - 15 pounds. When I picked it up off the front porch, I can tell you my back didn't like that one bit. I haven't opened it yet...I hope he likes it. Those things are expensive, by the way.
What else? Nothing exciting going on at school. Here are some updates on kids, however:
- Tappy - he isn't tapping as much. Every now and then I look at him and I think he's doing it but when I turn toward him he stops so that's progress.
- Dezi - He's squirrlier than usual. He's been doing this thing during some people's classes (not mine cause I'd ream him a new one) where he gets up and starts walking around, doing his own thing, in the middle of class! Checking his phone's charge, putting his homework away or a binder, checking the clock on the microwave across the room. I had to lay into him about this on Tuesday during another teachers class because he did it with a visiting "teacher" there. (And the teacher whose class it was didn't say anything.) I've tried and tried with this kid to be more aware of something other than his own needs but it falls on deaf ears. Maybe I should give up. Nope! Never!
- Crazy Mom - still nuts. They're still working on getting the kid out of my room while we read the book. I was asked yesterday when I thought we'd finish the book. This should be around March 4th with the test and then we'll watch the movie. So he'll not be in my room for a month. Nice. What a great solution to this crazy mom problem. And again, the problem isn't the book we're reading...it's the mom. But, hey, I guess you gotta choose your battles and the powers that be think it's a better idea to let crazy run the institution.
K - well, I guess I've rambled on long enough. Happy Thursday! Ooh, tomorrow's Friday...and Jim's bday - guess I'll stop and get him a card. Don't let me forget that today Maggie on the way home. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment