One of the weather people on my local station (Randi Rico) lives in my part of town and she was talking today about her husband who is a teacher. They have two kids who have been off since Wednesday, same as me. She then proceeded to say that when her husband got up this morning, he voiced his wish that there would be school today because they're all stir crazy. No he didn't Randi! If he said that he's lying, maybe to make you feel better because you had to haul your ass to work this morning at 4:00 AM (you could've been a teacher too!). Just so you know, there isn't a teacher out there who got three days off in a row this week that wishes they hadn't. Even if they are suffering from cabin fever with their kids. And what does that say about him as a father if he did indeed say that...way to throw him under the bus!
I woke up this morning around 4:30 and laid there not really knowing if it had snowed much or at all but I wanted it so badly. So, as I woke up and readied myself to get out of bed, I kept envisioning the phone ringing and it being school with the following recording, "Good morning Knights Nation. Due to the blanket of snow that fell overnight, the Kings Local School District is closed today, February 1st! Enjoy your weekend! And Muir, enjoy a mimosa!" Positive thoughts really work. You're welcome fellow Knights!
I went to Trader Joe's yesterday (ran into a former high school boyfriend) and scored! Not with my former boyfriend! With my grocery finds! I got a ton of stuff including a delicious Spanish red which I can't wait to drink tonight. I got some Chili Lime Chicken burgers that I'm excited to try; several bags of cauliflower rice (it's cheaper there than at my Kroger); some of their mandarin orange chicken (I've never had but it's supposedly yummy) - we'll have that tonight; I got a hair mask for some deep conditioning (which reminds me I need to call to set an appointment to get my hair done); a creamy Marsala sauce that people rave about and lots of other stuff. I really love that place but it's so easy to spend a shit load! And much of their stuff is NOT good for my diet plan so I have to be disciplined.
Update on the pipes: They are now unfrozen! We got up this morning, turned on the water and voila...it was running from all taps! Woot! Gotta get that taken care of...JIM! (I've been bitching about this for over a year...two really.)
Update on weight - lost another 1.4 lbs. I thought for sure I had either gained or lost nothing because I wasn't great with the not-drinking thing on Tuesday and Wednesday but all that working out must be helping. Plus I really didn't drink much...just a couple glasses of red. Anyway - I'm happy and slowly closing in on my goal...just under 9 pounds to go.
I've gotten my yoga complete for the day...I've eaten breakfast and I'm ready for my mimosa now so I guess I'll sign off.
Oh - finished a really good book last night - a memoir by Mark Lukach called My Lovely Wife in the Psyche Ward. It is so interesting and really puts into perspective mental illness and those who care for the ones that suffer (although the whole family suffers when there's a psychotic break happening). It was really an eye opener and made me look at mental illness in a different light...something that doesn't have to ruin ones life. Highly recommended.
K - I had a lot to write considering I haven't done shit for the last three days. Happy Friday to all! Hope your weekends are swell! And bonus for me, Jim ISN'T on 2nd shift tonight so we get to hang and eat dinner together and everything. It's my best week ever! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment