So as we all know, these last few months have been a bit trying to say the least. The stress and havoc of Jim's illness and everything that came with it left me feeling run down and as a 47-year-old, when life gets you down, it literally shows. And so, I've decided to take control of the things I can try and control and be the boss of myself and my life. I'm not going to let a shituation (a shitty situation) take over how I feel about myself! I've started doing yoga and it's really helped how I feel about myself, how I sleep, and how I face the day. I've tried in these last months to let go of the petty things and yesterday I did something that I'm pretty excited about though I don't have the complete results quite yet. Yep, I bit the bullet and got me some botox. Now, don't judge...it may not be for you and who knows, I may decide that I don't like it or that it didn't do what I had hoped but we'll see.
Here are the detes: I've been thinking about botox for a while but after the last few months these thoughts took a more serious path. I just feel like when I look in the mirror the face that stares back at me has grown so haggard suddenly. Sometimes I try to not see the face in the mirror as I put on my makeup and that's hard to do! So, about a month ago, I bought a Groupon for some botox and yesterday was the day. I got the "trifecta": Forehead, crow's feet and between my brows. It took all of about 15 minutes (walking into the office and back out) and barely hurt (slight pinch or stick and most sensitive around the eyes). When I left the office, it looked like little mosquito bites which were gone by the time I got home (15 minutes later). The effects will take up to 2 weeks to show but should be most obvious within 5 or 6 days. And from here (if I like the results) they recommend 3 times a year (every 4 months). Jim's reaction to my treatment: It's official, you're artificial. Guess so...I'll take it.
So today is a big day for Jim and I: We're finally going to go to the lawyer's office and sign our wills etc. After that we go to the doctor to see what's what with Jim's meds, treatment etc. We may have to go back next week, who knows, but I'm hoping that we'll be done! Done with meds, done with blood draws, done with weekly visits. From there, we're supposed to head to a new local brewery but that all depends on when we get out of the office. Our appointment is at 5:00 (which sucks!) and our doc typically runs a least an hour late (usually longer) so if we don't get out until after 7:00 we may have to bow out. We'll see.
Today I'll also be packing for my visit to Columbus tomorrow. I'm hoping to be on the road by 8:00. We're expecting rain tomorrow (possibly heavy...of course) but I'll just take it slow and steady.
K - time for yoga. Happy Tuesday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment