Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Storms...Massive Rain!

Yowza...the weather went cray cray last night!. It hit like gang busters around 8:00. Mostly it was rain and loud thunder...no real wind but there was about 2 minutes of hail. Jim and I ran around the house to make sure the water didn't come into the garage (it was a bit of a worry the way the driveway was pitched) but thankfully all was well. One thing different as a result of the driveway was the amount of water that came off the side of the driveway and drained into the side yard. It was nuts and I think we're definitely going to need to put in a french drain there. Ugh! Add that to the project list.

On a positive note - with the rain and winds from the last two days, I believe all the stupid helicopters have fallen. I HATE HELICOPTERS!!! They are the bane of my existence! They litter the driveway and deck and clog the drains and sprout stupid little shoots in the middle of the yard and in my flower boxes...RRRRRR!!!

I'm finally sleeping like a baby again. While I was sick I wasn't sleeping well and even Sunday into Monday I slept fitfully. I would wake up with my heart pounding and then I wouldn't be able to get to sleep listening to it and feeling it pound. Hate that. Last night, however was a restful sleep and I didn't wake up once during the night.

Day two of moronic schedule. Yesterday sucked but today is going to be 50 times worse because I'll have my history class with wacky new autistic kid. He is exhausting. It's like having to deal with a hyper 5 year old who one minute is jumping up and down and then next grabbing half the shit off my desk and running off with it and then when you firmly say, "STOP!" he throws everything in every direction and while you're trying to pick everything up, he runs in the opposite direction shaking his head and yelling at the top of his lungs. Now, none of this has happened but sometimes it feels like it has as I try to keep up with his spinning mind. He NEVER listens and has had NO structured learning anywhere in his recent past and he has NO idea how to act in a classroom much less a school setting. Oh, and he can't whisper or talk quietly either which makes it very frustrating when trying to work with him in the library. UGH! Next year is going to SUCK when I have him for LA too. This too shall pass.

And on that note, I'd best mosey. I have a dentist appointment after school...fingers crossed for a healthy set of chompers. Happy Wednesday. Later!

No comments: