Got an interesting email from a colleague yesterday about a possible grievance she wants filed against the powers that be. This is regarding a vacancy/posting for a social studies/basketball coaching position at my school. Apparently (and I didn't even notice), the job was posted internally on the 20th. However, in the minutes for the board meeting on the 19th (day before the posting), they had listed a person they basically already hired. The press release about the hire was made on the 22nd. Here's what the teacher said:
It seems pretty obvious that this is a violation of our contract, will the union be filing a grievance? This seems especially important in light of the fact that it appears this position was created specifically for the person the district wanted to hire to coach basketball, and in a time when we are being told we have financial issues that will require a levy along with cuts. I'm just thinking a grievance is a good idea.
Can't say I totally disagree with this whole debacle...certainly seems crooked to me. I'll be interested to see how this plays out. Sucks for the guy in the middle of the firestorm, however.
Possible severe weather expected this afternoon...not happy about that. Hopefully the sun will NOT shine too much today...that will reduce the possibility.
And that's all I've got. Time to get to school. Happy Tuesday. 23 days left!!! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment