Monday, April 04, 2016

Drama, Drama, Drama!!!

Lots of drama this past weekend and it all started at school Friday around 10:30 am.  I won't get into all that because it would only manage to start my week off on a sour note and I don't want to do that.

Friday was fun and easy. My neighbor and I went out for a couple of drinks down in old Loveland and our other neighbor joined us for dinner. It was nice to get a taste of everything that's happening only 5 minutes from my house. New bars, new restaurants, Graeters. Such a small town homey feel so close to home. We were home by 9:00 and I was in bed and asleep by 10:00. Jim had gone out to a union meeting and then his brother-in-law's birthday celebration. He was home after me.

Saturday started out good with Jim working on the reno (painting) and me cleaning house, walking Sami and grocery shopping. Things didn't get harry until around 3:00. At that point the winds started and my nerves were quick to fray. By 4:30 I was hunkered down in the mudroom (the place in the house where there are no windows for me to see the swaying trees and the sound is muffled). I was texting my neighbor Cari who offered me a pill to calm my nerves. At first I declined but then I told Jim and he said, "TAKE IT!!!" So he ran over and got me an Ativan. I took 1/2 and felt much better within about 30 minute. It just ever so subtly takes the edge off. I was able to come out of my hiding place and cook dinner. By around 6:00 or 7:00 the winds had calmed but not before one tree went down in the circle and two of my neighbors had one fall on their house. (Although one of my neighbors only had damage to the gutters over their garage).

I know that my fear is slightly unreasonable but with the trees surrounding us, it's hard NOT to freak out.

Yesterday Jim and I managed to get most of the floors in (we had to stop when we approached the laundry room) and we DID get the toilet in! YAY! We're making progress (not as quickly as I'd like) and hopefully things will move along now so we can move on to the laundry room. In the midst of all the reno stuff, the neighbors needed our help getting the tree cleaned up in the circle. It was actually quite a nice little scene as the neighbor who has caused such problems and angst due to his annoyance of the dogs in the circle came out and did more to get things done than anyone. They also got another tree down that was dead and a danger. Team work!

After that, Jim was done and so no more reno was tackled (which did not make me happy). Jim proceeded to drink too much and was basically passed out by 5:00. Dinner alone for me. Oh well.

And today starts a week that should prove to be annoying and long. I'll be at school until well after 5:00 because of a union meeting. Additionally, the autistic kid who started a few weeks ago is extending his day into my history class (COUGH...BULLSHIT...COUGH). Found that out at the end of Friday with no warning and NO team meeting. Whatever. I'll figure it out despite the assholes.

(Ignore me!!! I'm still bitter)

And that's all I've got. Time to get to school and figure things out. Gotta help one of the secretaries with her taxes. Later! Happy Monday! GO REDS!!!

No comments: