Monday, November 26, 2012

The Daily Grind

Well it's back to work.  UGH!  On a positive note, however, we have three regular weeks of school and then exam week.  I'll be happy when it's all over.  Actually, I'll be happy when it's December 13th...that will be the day of my last IEP for the "year".

Nothing great or exciting to report.  Although, Jim and I played Mario Cart last night and my "team" beat his team 2 out of 3 games.  I was Yoshi; Jim was Luigi.  I also kicked Jim's ass in Jeopardy but I got beat on the final Jeopardy by the damn computer.  So pissed.  I did win a fancy new pair of shorts, however, in my game.  Hee hee.  I love the Wii Jeopardy.

So I went to bed last night thinking I wouldn't be able to sleep.  Expecting that I would lie awake for a while trying to figure out what I'm going to do in LA for the next few weeks.  I do some of my best planning that way.  Lo and behold!  Next thing I knew my clock said 4:38 and I hadn't had any brilliant ideas in my sleep. UGH!  So what the hell!?  I guess for the next couple days I'll do a writing assignment.  I DREAD THIS with my 6th period class.  How do you do a writing assignment with a bunch of kids who can barely read?!  I'll figure something out.

Oh, did anyone watch 60 minutes last night?  The lion story?  I don't know how that couple does it...living out in the middle of Africa with only each other 24/7 in a tent...surrounded by lions.  After the story, they had a little blurb about a continuing story they have on their website that discusses how this couple makes their marriage work.  Jim turned to me and said, "You'd throw me to the lions."  Ain't that the truth.  If he didn't throw me there first, that is.

And that's about all I have.  I should probably get to school a bit early and try to figure something out.  K - later!

No comments: