I wonder if...you just never potty trained a kid, would they eventually just start going in a toilet, you know, by the age of like 13 or would they just continue going in their diapers? I mean, if they eventually catch on...why not just let them choose when that is at their own pace? Of course, you know I'm kidding, but I'm sure there are parents out there who do that...just let their kids choose when they want to stop wearing diapers and go in the terlit.
I wonder if...parents are as stupid as their kids think they are. So I have a kid (I don't think I've named him yet)...I don't have a good one for him yet as he's still sort of an enigma. Weirdo seems to fit but that isn't very original. Anyway - this kid had been late for my LA class twice and I warned him, and the whole class, that the next time anyone was late it would result in a detention. Well, Monday - Weirdo was late. So I said, "You have a DT and mine are at 6:30 in the morning. I expect you then and I'll email your mother so that she knows." Next morning, promptly at 6:30, in walks Weirdo. (Mom had said in her reply email that she would make sure he was there). I kept the little bugger until 7AM when I released him. BTW - my three "roomies" were in there and another student came in and spoke to him (which I told her not to since the kid was being punished). Fast forward to yesterday, 6th period. Weirdo - the little turd (maybe that's a better name: "LT") - LT walks in LATE! I tell him to go to the office. I make a referral in our discipline system and email the appropriate people. Later I'm told that LT couldn't seem to get his story straight and would be receiving two lunch detentions. Mom was emailed. Later in the day, I get an email from the mother stating confusion. Why was her son getting 2 lunch time DT's. And she stated that when she talked to LT the day before, he told her that when he arrived for his morning DT, no one was there "not even a teacher". F*%KING LITTLE LYING TURD! So I immediately called her (she didn't answer) and left her a message that A) I was there B) he sat with me for a half hour C) there were three other teachers there as well who can attest to that and D) I think LT may either be telling stories or unbelievably confused. UGH! Kids/parents are stupid.
And that's all I've got for now. I got a really nice email from a former parent...I'll share later. Gotta go wake my hubby whose breakfast is ready. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment