Sunday, April 03, 2011

Spring Break Injury

My finger is throbbing.  Ugh!  Why, you ask!?  Well, yesterday - my fabric came for my new quilt.  I was very excited to get going on cutting out my pieces so after I had shopped, cleaned and walked my baby Sam, I set to work.  So I'm moving along...cutting pieces for my quilt...when SLICE!!!  I ran right over my left index finger with my rotary blade.  And understand, the blade is sharp, sharp, sharp...like a box-cutter.  Thankfully it was a really clean cut and I managed to stop the bleeding but it probably should have had stitches.  Every time I took the band-aid off last night, it would leak a little blood but it's okay now, I think and for the most part the edges of the cut sealed up pretty quickly.  I need to be more careful.

Plans for the day:  Not sure.  I'll make breakfast here in a bit (Jim just wants bacon, eggs and a toasted bagel).  Afterwards, I'll probably hang for a bit and then maybe help Jim work out in the backyard or I may just do a little quilting.  I actually might be ready to start the machine sewing...piecing my blocks together!  I do need to finish up laundry and pack for Maggie's but that won't take but a couple minutes.  Can't let Zeke see me doing that either...he'll get all nervous and panty...start drooling...a mess.

Other than that - I've got nothing.  Guess I'll go cook...later!

No comments: