Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Jane Eyre

I was going to go home early today but Maggie guilted me into staying longer so that we can go see Jane Eyre.  I guess since I'm on Spring Break, I've got nothing better to do so who cares, right?  We'll go see the 11:15 showing and then I'll be on the road by around 2:00...home by 4:00.  Jim is not going to be home for dinner either so I won't have to "worry" about getting a meal on the table.

So what has Maggie been making me do while here?  Besides rubbing her smelly feet?  (She just yelled at me and told me I'm rude...par for the course lately.)  Anyway - on Monday when I got here we hung out and switched Charlie's closet from Eva's room into "my" room.  No big deal.  We also put her bouncy together and put sweet baby clothes away.  Charlie was sick sick sick on Monday so the dinner we had planned was pushed to Tuesday and we just had chicken, rice and broccoli.  Maggie and I watched Mildred Pierce (HBO).  Maggie thought that it was just two episodes but apparently its much more than that because after watching the first 3, we aren't anywhere near the end.  Evan Rachel Wood hasn't even made an appearance yet.  WTF!?  I don't have HBO!!!  Now I can't watch the rest of it.  Just another reason why Maggie is in troubles!

Tuesday - Maggie ran my ass ragged and yelled at me!  When that pregnant lady gets hungry?  WATCH OUT!  Hee hee.  First we went to Kohl's where Maggie got some nightgowns for the hospital and lounging immediately after baby is born.  Charlie didn't think our choices were very sexy but FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!   There will be no sexy talk for 6 weeks after Eva is born so we were just protecting his sensibilities!  He's RUDE!!!  After Kohl's we went to Babies R Us for stuff.  Then Michel's where we got cute letters to put on Eva's wall (I wanted to get "MUIR" but Maggie wasn't for that!  Instead we got the letters to spell out PUNJAB!  Just kidding...we got EVA).  Michel's is where "the incident" happened.  We were discussing the letters and Maggie turned around and smacked me with her biting tongue!  I think the devil took over for a minute or two but I survived and knew that I needed to get that lady some LUNCH!  After Michel's I braved Carter's since we were right next door and Maggie got sweet baby Eva her babysuit for the summer!  How cute is that!?!?!?!?

After shopping we went to J. Alexander's - delicious - and then home.  For dinner we had the Pioneer Woman's Beef with Sugar Snap Peas (YUM) and then went to Orange Leaf for some yummy dessert - yogurt. 

That's about it.  Like I said - I'll leave today around 2 and get home around 4.  Tomorrow I have to take Bubba to the vet - not looking forward to that.  I sure hope his sedatives work well.  K - I'm out...later!

No comments: