Friday, April 01, 2011

A New Scoot!

Well, it was bound to happen & Jim and I waited too long to purchase but we are now the proud owners of an Elantra Touring.  She's white - not a color I would have normally chosen but there were only three on the lot.  One was a "Limited" which was out of our price range; one was manual with NOTHING added on and then there was the white one.  I actually don't mind the white and hey, take what you can get, right?  I feel like the picture is a little sportier than it really is but maybe I'm wrong. 

Anyway - here's the story:  After school I raced down to Superior Hyundai (off Mitchell).  Jim and I were meeting there at 3PM.  (BTW - Trip had called me earlier in the day and told me to go there as the dealer, Larry, has historically beaten any other Hyundai deal around).  Jim had called ahead so Larry knew what we were looking for.  We got in the car - Jim actually fit in it - test drove it (Jim is the suckiest driver by the way!) and then came back to "haggle".  In the end, we got the car for over $2000 off sticker price.  That's good.  My credit score is excellent so we got an okay APR; we didn't put much money down and had no trade in though so I ended up above what I wanted to pay monthly.  What are you going to do though, right?

One sucky/good (?) thing was it was the last day of the month so a good day deal-wise to buy but I (Jim left at around 6 to take care of the dogs etc.) was there until 7...lots of people buying and I had to wait for the finance guy.  However - BONUS!!! - I got to drive the car home.  She actually drives very nicely...easy to speed.  I tested out the cruise control and managed to get it on the highway at full speed.  In addition - 3 months free XM Radio!  I want to drive it now until it expires but - alas - I'll give Jim this one. 

So now the stress is sort of off me...I'll be fiddling around with my budget and cutting some things out.  Hopefully I won't end up with a $20,000 pay cut here in a couple months with SB 5 either...cross your fingers.

In other exciting news:  Today is the last day before Spring Break.  Kids will be nuts and that's why I'll be showing movies in all my classes.  Babe, We Are Marshall and Goblet of Fire.  Good day!

K - I'm out...later!

No comments: