Maggie is currently bashing this day! She said, and I quote, "Ooh, I don't like that duck, he's a dick!" Strong words for a cartoon. Strong words for a cartoon DUCK!!! But, well understood. See when Maggie was young, she and the 'rents and other sibs headed to Disneyland (California). Walking into the park she spied Mr. Duck, a walking giant Donald Duck. Excited as any kid would be she ran up to him and tugged on his tail to get his attention. In turn that damn duck turned around and pulled her hair. From that day forward, Donald Duck was on Maggie's Disney shit list. True story! Funny how our childhood experiences continue to give us nightmares and feelings of hatred.In other news, I'm here in Columbus. I came up yesterday. Maggie and I hung out, went to Anderson's General Store (we need these in Cincy) and then came home and hung out some more. We had a delicious dinner (grilled chicken on flat bread - mine with bacon, honey mustard, and provolone) and then watched The Messenger (with Woody Harrelson) - I didn't end up seeing the end as I fell asleep. Jim will be jealous that I had a boy in my bed last night. Max was my cuddle buddy. He barely moved last night and made sleeping quite lovely.
Today, I don't know what Maggie and I will do. It's raining kitties and puppies so activities are limited. Other than that...I got nothing.
In school news, it was confirmed that I will indeed be screwed next year. I've been assigned to teach the low-level Language Arts, the high-level and US History. HH totally screwed up our schedule for our pull-out classes too. See, in order for there to be NO conflict for students, you can't have the LA, math, history or science pull out classes scheduled at the same time. Reason: If there's a student in history or science, most likely he/she will also be in a pull-out math/LA. If science is offered 3rd period as well as one of the pull-out math classes, then that student can't take math (or science). DUH!!! Of course, HH totally screwed this up and scheduled science at the same time as the high math and reading. There are about 6 or 8 other kids who are supposed to be in the high math and science class and about 5 who are supposed to be in the reading class. It's such an easy thing to do too: Low and High LA should be offered at the same period; Low and high math during the same period; Science another period; then history; then reading; finally transition class. No conflicts anywhere. But see, HH? He's a dumb ass and I guess he was more focused on screwing me, making me teach both low and high LA. Whatever, I'm done thinking about it for a couple months.
K - I'm going to relax now and chill with my coffee. Later

No comments:
Post a Comment