Man on man am I sore. I'm sure Maggie is tired of hearing my moan and groan but holy Jesus, I hurt. Log splitting was no easy task but Jim and I managed to crank it out yesterday. We worked from 9 until 4. We haven't stacked any of the wood so far but Jim is going to get the area where we're putting it ready today and I'll do a little after school. He can work on it Tuesday and Wednesday and then when I get back from Columbus Thursday, I'll continue. Seriously, I think we now have enough wood for 3 years...at least. We'll see though.
In other news, today is the LAST day of school. In previous years, the admin has been kind enough to say that as long as we had our grades in and all check out stuff done, we could start our summers. This year, however, it seems he's being a hard ass - probably because some elementary teachers bitched - and we have to apparently be there at 7AM until at least 12:30 when we're allowed to check out. Whatever...I get my whole summer off so I'm not really complaining but it does suck that the elementary teachers are always bitching about something.
Went to Joyce' retirement surprise party Saturday...had a good time. She enjoyed the gift that we all got her and of course had to wear the coconut bikini, grass skirt, flashing earrings and crazy glasses for the duration of the party. Scared a little kid too. Oh, and the coconut bikini and grass skirt was put on OVER her clothes. Still hilarious. Hopefully someone will send a picture so I can post.
K - I've got nothing else. I'll be in Columbus for the next two days so expect sporadic posting. Later.

No comments:
Post a Comment