My new car has been found. (Pause for applause).Throughout the week, well, since Thursday, I have been emailing around to various dealerships to give me any quotes for cars that interest me. Of the many responses, I received an interesting quote on a Santa Fe. So, today I went down to the Hyundai dealer and test drove one. I loved it. It drove like a dream. It drove much different that the one I test drove 3 years ago. The color is Steel Gray, it has heated seats (though they are cloth and I am settling with that because it is about $1200 less than leather), a sunroof and all the stereo stuff I was hoping for (including XM Radio which I won't keep after the 3 months free). I also love how the dash lights up - all blue. It's so pretty.
One of the things I liked was that the sales guy was obviously busy as crap since this sale for Hyundai just started and its nuts down there but he still made time for me and even thanked me for asking for him (I know - he's just glad to get a sale but its nice to hear someone be grateful). When I got back from my test drive, the sales dude stopped what he was doing and talked to me about what I could do. He gave me several options, didn't pressure me and immediately sat me down with the general manager to talk "numbers". The finance guy gave me three options for payment (the two year lease is the best deal) and told me he would hold it for Monday when Jim and I will go back at 7:00 and finish the deal (see I went by myself - Jim hasn't even seen the car yet). I was able to get my payments below what I'm paying now and the guys I dealt with made it so easy. This took all of about 15 minutes. See, that Jeep wasn't meant to be mine. Sigh. I feel so much better now. Yeah!!! I'll have a new car on Monday!


4 comments:
yay! I like it, I will be looking for it in the parking lot on Monday morning, congratulations!
Yippee!!! I'm so happy for you. I'm sure that's a load off of your mind. It sounds like you got a great deal. I can't wait to see it. I'm glad everything worked out for the best.
Now Kim - I'm getting it Monday - but not until after school - see, the dealership isn't open at 4 am.
Hee
Hah, I am such a dork, ok, I will look for it Tuesday morning instead
Post a Comment