Friday, August 15, 2025

Ready For A Cocktail!!!

I'm running a little late this morning and I'm not sure why. I didn't linger on the couch drinking coffee. I only did 30 minutes on my elliptical. I took a quick shower and yet I'm running about 5 minutes behind my normal time. Oh well. I get to school at least 10 minutes early every day so as long as I'm there by 7:00, who really cares. I mean, 1/2 the staff probably walks in at 7:10 every morning so I ahead of the pack. 

Yesterday was a surprisingly good day. I'm gauging this mainly on the one student who I was dreading. That would be the kid we call "Stupid Baby". Now, if I haven't before, I'll explain. This is a kid who's mother is living with one of my lunch ladies ex-husband. Her kids have known this kid since he was young and they always called him "Stupid baby". Unfortunately, the name stuck. Anyway, Stupid Baby was unexpectedly charming in an ADHD, spazzy, conversation whiplash sort of way. He talked a mile-a-minute but was funny. I had to tell him a couple times to zip it and in fact challenged him that he couldn't keep his mouth shut for 4 minutes. It was all in good fun and he in fact set a timer. In the end, he didn't meet the challenge but alas, our 30 minutes together gave me hope that we could get along and build a rapport. I understand this is a honeymoon stage but I'm hopeful. We'll see how it goes today when there are other kids in the class. 

Beyond that, all was well. I think it will be a challenging year but I'm not afraid of that as long as it's not my administration that are the pain in the ass. 

I can't tell you how happy I am that it's Friday and not just because I get to have a drink. It wasn't too terribly hard to stay on the wagon this week (maybe Monday was tough) because I was so busy. Hopefully when things calm down a bit (mostly the temps) I'll still remain strong in my weekday sobriety. 

Weekend plans: I think we'll go swim at Trip and Susan's, possibly Saturday, if they're cool with that. Beyond that, we'll just be doing things around here. Dinner tonight will be burgers, corn and fries. Something easy.

We had the tree guy come out last night to give us an estimate for cutting the tree trunk beyond the fence for us to split. In the end, he said it would be much cheaper for us to get already split wood from him. He said he'd only charge us $100 a truck bed. That's pretty good and he'll even deliver (he doesn't usually) because we're good customers, we've gotten him a lot of work in the circle and we live close. He'll deliver in a couple weeks and that should serve us for the winter with what we've already got. And if it isn't, we can get more from him. I think my splitting days are done. Although the guy did say that if I like splitting so much, I can come work for him and he'd pay me well. He has 2 splitters...might be side work. 

Jim just told me his toilet seat broke. Hmm...how does that happen? 

Okay, time to get a move on. TGIF!!! Later!

No comments: