Friday, August 22, 2025

It's Starting

Well, it looks like the honeymoon with Stupid Baby has ended. Not for me, so to speak, but I woke up to an email from his English teacher telling me that they're constantly having issues with him, namely refusing to do work and being a general ass. Not surprised. He hasn't demonstrated jackass behavior for me (well, no more than an ADHD freshman peon would demonstrate) but I see him 1st thing in the morning and it's a pretty relaxed atmosphere. I've asked him to do things that he's actually done but who knows...it's not "school work". I'm sure he's just putting on a performance in class for the audience he has but that shit needs to stop. I'll have a talk with him today and see if he's acting the fool in other classes. 

Thankfully I'll have time to investigate all the above today because I'm giving myself and the kids a break and making it a video day. I tried to find a good movie about Shakespeare but couldn't fine one so I'm not sure what I'll show in ELA. In history, however, we're going to watch The Conspirator which is about the plot to kill Abraham Lincoln. That's where I've started my history class so it's fitting. 

Here's something I don't understand: Scout. Now, of course he loves Jim, I mean, that's his daddy but we all know his true love is his momma. I walk him, I'm almost always the one to feed him, I brush him, kiss and love on him (Jim does too). I'm his person. When I go upstairs for bed, he follows even though Jim is still up. So why is it when Scout comes to our bed, when both of us are there, he'll cozy up to me and let me love on him but when he's ready to close his eyes he won't spoon with me? He always gets up and settles down on Jim's feet. It's so insulting! 

So no real plans this weekend except to relax and maybe go out to lunch on Saturday. It looks to be nice Saturday so I might want to just chill and lay around in my spa. We'll see. I really just want to hang and do nothing. 

Dinner tonight: Chicken parm pie and a salad. Easy.

I'm excited to have a drink today after school. Although I did cheat a little this week. On Wednesday, I had a glass of wine but that was it. And it was red so it doesn't really count. Hmm...it might be these types of concessions which have landed me where I am. Oh well, I was good and I'm proud of myself. 

K - time to get a move on. Happy Friday!!! Later!

No comments: