Thursday, August 14, 2025

Here We GO!

Actually, tomorrow is really "Go" day because that's when the whole school will be there but truthfully, Monday is the real "Go" if we're talking teaching. Today I'll only see freshman, though seniors will be in attendance. Freshmen have a full day and will walk their schedule though it will be abbreviated. By 10:42, I believe, I will be finished with kids. Beyond that, they have lunch which is my plan period and then the rest of their day is meetings and CPR training. Seniors come in at 8:15, only going to meetings and are out by about 10:45. Tomorrow will be a regular schedule but it won't entail much. Sophomores and juniors should have their class meetings which will pretty much disrupt anything I'd do since I have a mix of every grade. That's why Monday is the real day, though I probably won't start "teaching" until Tuesday or Wednesday. 

I made a really yummy meal last night: Orzo chicken bake. It's a one pan meal and a mix of stovetop and oven. It isn't a lite meal but I did some substitutions to help the calorie count. Namely I subbed the heavy cream with coconut milk. It's pinned on my chicken board on Pinterest if you're interested. 

Tonight I'll make a lemon chicken dish (ooh, I need to go get lemons...they didn't have any at Aldi last time I went, which was weird) and pair it with broccoli and probably yellow rice. 

Oh, you'll be happy to hear that my schedule fiasco got fixed. When I got to school yesterday, I took matters in my own hands and called the Guidance department head. She was completely sympathetic to my plight and understood that there's no way A) my class could remain as is and B) the deal with the inflated history classes isn't avoidable. They are inflated. They're going to remain inflated and the only thing they can do is try to spread the wealth to all history classes. 

So two minutes before my alarm went off this morning, the boys got up for some reason. Scout's routine when he wakes up is to first jump on the bed and look out the window. Often times he's rewarded with a deer in our yard, usually chomping on the birdseed. In the past he's also gotten to see a raccoon hanging off a feeder which is quite the prize. Of course these prizes for him are torture for us because he loses his ever loving mind. This morning was something special. I'm sure Scout thought he'd hit the jackpot. In our front yard, waddling around was a skunk. Ugh! I had no idea what was keeping Scout screaming, figuring it was a deer but Jim got up and looked and saw the black and white menace. Apparently skunks give zero fucks about dogs having a mental breakdown, screaming and barking because that smelly little fellow continued his breakfast of grubs and insects (Jim also says they eat small rodents like rabbits.) I will say that he didn't smell, so that's one positive. I just hope he isn't living anywhere nearby, like under my front deck. 

Okay well, I've wasted enough time here and guess I'll get a move on though I'm way ahead of schedule in my routine. Oh well...doesn't hurt to get to work early...I'm sure I have a ton of shit still to be done. Thank God this is routine for me after 25 years. The poor guy who they hired as the French teacher has been at school the past week until late at night apparently. Sucks!

K - happy Thursday! Wish me luck. Oh, and YAY REDS!!! My friend at work that's a Phillies fan was posturing on Tuesday (after our Monday night loss) that the Phillies might be the first team to sweep the Reds this year! Dumb ass jinxed his team and we won the series! Woot! 

No comments: