In terms of my post title, I have a couple things to talk about. First of all, my Ninja Creami. So far I'm loving it. I've made several concoctions so far which include: Vanilla, strawberry, peach, chocolate peanut butter, chocolate and orange dreamsicle. My favorites are the peach, vanilla and orange. I like the chocolate a lot but I know Jim won't like it because I used Greek yogurt in that one and it's very Greek yogurty. I've still got a lot to learn but I'm figuring things out and look forward to experimenting. I think my next batch will include frozen fruit that I have to make a sorbet. You can also make your own Blizzards and even milkshakes. It's pretty fucking great.
The second best thing that I discovered is a restaurant we tried last night with Doug and Lauren. It's called Tony's Italian Restaurant and I'm pretty sure it was the best traditional Italian I've ever had. It's right near us in Montgomery, tucked away in a litle strip mall and only seats about 40 people so you have to get there early. Thankfully we walked in at 5:00 and there was one free table. I tried everyone's dish but Lauren's (Jim tried hers though and loved it) and they were all phenomenal. I had the Eggplant parmigiana (my fave) and I'm not kidding you, I moaned when I took my first bite. Jim had a tortellini alapana (so good); Doug, the Bolognese and Lauren had fettucine alfredo. Each dish comes with a salad and two "knots" of garlic bread. They don't have a liquor license yet (they've only been opened about 3 months) but you can bring your own and there's no corking fee. (I didn't mind and was happy with a diet Coke.) I told Jim when we finished that we'll be going there many more times so I can try all the things. I'm still full.
Plans for the day: Doug and Lauren go to Florida today so I'll be taking care of their animals until Friday. No big deal. Thankfully their dog, Lou, (a great, huge mother fucking Dane) isn't kenneled anymore in their house so I won't feel bad leaving him all caged up. After I walk the boys, I'll do some yoga and then start making my lists for the Bay (we leave Sunday).
Dinner tonight: I'll be doing a copycat hibachi chicken with fried rice. I was going to do it on the Blackstone but I think it's going to be pretty stormy around dinner so I'll just cook on my stovetop.
And that's about all I've got. Time to get a move on. Happy Monday. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment