Monday, June 16, 2025

Oh My Aching Knee

Man oh man is my knee giving me fits. And it's not even the knee that's usually an issue. Typically, my right knee causes pain (during yoga, if I'm going a high lunge, it'll feel like there's a sharp spike driving into my kneecap) but yesterday my left started causing trouble. It just feels really unstable, like at any moment it's going to give. Additionally, it seems to have a lot of fluid buildup around the patella. Interestingly, when Anne and I went to the pool yesterday and after a cocktail, it felt a lot better. Go figure. When I came home and iced it, that made it almost feel like new. 

Fast forward to sleeping last night and it was tough going. First of all, my back is bothering me. Add to that my knee (and I forgot to take ibuprofen when I went to bed), well, you can imagine that I didn't sleep great last night. However, I got up (at 5:20, thanks, boys!), had coffee, felt pretty good and went to work out. I will say that while on the elliptical, it didn't hurt at all but then I got off and, whoopsies! It was hurting (well, not hurting but rather feeling wonky). I'm now icing it again and after I finish this, Scout's hoping I'll be good enough to walk him a good one. 

The golf cart is being an asshole. When Maggie and Charlie came up in April, they couldn't get it started. I told my cuz about it but when he came up in May, he had no problem. Then when we were here last week, it was fine. Well, not fine but it started (with the choke and sometimes it backfired). Of course, now, it won't start again. We tried and tried but nothing. It's always something. 

Anyway, Jim is currently on the mission to get cart repair guy, Carlos, to throw us a bone. Stupidly, Jim just left at 7:50 to try and track him down. When he was about to head out the door, I said, "Where are you going?" He said, "TO GO FIX THE CART!" (He replied with an asshole tone which is why I put that in caps.) I said, "He's not going to be open." To which Jim replied (with an asshole tone), "I'M JUST TRYING TO GET  JUMP ON THINGS!" I said, "Why the tone?" And he said, "WHAT TONE!?" 

And now I'm going to eat crow. Jim just walked in the door with Carlos in tow. He's going to take a quick looksee and if he can fix it here, great. If not, he'll tow it. I said to Anne, "You know, sometimes Jimmy's smarter than his wife." Anne replied with, "Luckier...not smarter." True story. 

Okay, that's all I've got. Dinner tonight will be either hamburgers or Anne brought stuff for chicken tacos, which sounds delicious. I think that's the way we're going to go along with some yellow rice. Yummy.  I'd better go because Scout is giving me the eyeball. Later!

No comments: