For much of the day yesterday I thought it was Thursday. As you can imagine, when I realized it was Wednesday, my world shattered and of course now, this week has been the longest ever. Thank the baby Jesus I've got my spring break in front of me.
When it rains it pours. Here's another 1st world problem: My recumbent bike busted. I looked it up and I posted about my "new toy" on March 1, 2008. That's a pretty good run! And though I don't really use it during warmer weather (I'd rather be on my actual bike), it gets a good amount of usage from me. So, I went online, checked out some reviews and bought the bike you see at left. It should be here next week and it's now on my list of things I need to put together over spring break. (Added to the four chairs we bought, the fire table and the outdoor storage box.) It was pretty cheap, by the way. With 10% off, I paid just over $200. Hopefully it lasts as long as my last one.Man, I just had such an ordeal making our morning smoothie. I don't know what the problem was but I just couldn't get the damn blender to blend it properly. Hopefully it was just the amount of stuff in it rather than my blender going on the blink. (I love my blender, by the way...it's a good one...normally).
Dinner tonight: I'm in the mood for dinner out so Jim and I are going to our local cantina. Is that the right word? Who knows (someone who speaks Spanish)? We're going out for Mexican.
Guess what? Cheers was on again this morning AND!!! It was my favorite episode! It's the Thanksgiving one where they all go to Carla's for Thanksgiving and then get in a food fight. I love that one so much. Here's the crazy thing: I swear to God, while I was in the shower, I was thinking of that episode! Truly I was. I think I might be psychic! At least when it comes to pointless things like what's coming on TV. That's got to be useful in some realm, right?
I managed NOT to cry yesterday while reading the last chapter of To Kill a Mockingbird. It was a close thing and I did start to get choked up but I took a breath and powered through! So today, the kids will take the test. They better do well or I'll be pissed. I think they all really liked it. We'll watch the movie when we get back from spring break.
Okay - I've run out of time. TGTIF (thank God tomorrow is Friday). Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment