Monday, February 03, 2025

Weekend Update

Friday and the lockdown we had at school, on the one hand seems so long ago. However, as I laid awake last night thinking about it, worrying about the aftermath, its still so fresh in my mind. Although I slept well last night, I did wake up a few times thinking about it. I thought something like that can give people an idea of what to expect and how things actually go down and so if they want to do bad things, they have first hand experience with how the school will function during a crisis. One thing I do know is that from now on, I'll be keeping my door closed. Typically, I like having my door open but that's just not safe. Isn't it awful that this is where we are? Ugh! 

The weekend was good. Friday Jim and I just hung out. I wasn't up for much...just wanted to decompress and hang with my fellas. I did make dinner and then Jim and I played games. 

Saturday I had a bridal shower for my cousin's daughter (my first cousin once removed) which was nice. I got to see Mom (and Anne and Susan) which was a bonus. From there I met Jim for a beer at Shooters then we came home and hung out once again. 

Yesterday was your typical Sunday: Big breakfast, big dog walk, Shooters, grocery and dinner. (I didn't cook...we got LaRosa's.) I made cookies to leave for the workers who will hopefully be here to finish the demo of the deck. I'm hoping that they'll pour concrete this week. Today is going to be a good day to do it because it's going to be in the 60s with no rain until possibly late tonight. They could pour anytime this week really but there's more rain as we go toward the weekend. Again, I'm trying not to be impatient. 

The week at school will be a normal week. I do need to get to school and shift my plans since Friday was all fucked up after the lockdown. I'll give my 3rd bell ELA a free period today because I need to get my 6th period ELA back on the same timeline with the book (We didn't hold afternoon classes Friday (kids left after we got out of lockdown at noon.) I don't have any meetings and hopefully the week is uneventful. 

Dinner tonight will be pork tenderloin with rice and broccoli. 

And that's about all I've got. I need to get the cooler together for the workers (I also got them some Gatorade) so I'd best get a move on. Later! 

No comments: