Before I begin, let me just remind everyone that Jim's an idiot. He just said to me, "I fucked up yesterday." (Shocker) Apparently he forgot about his therapy appointment and so he had to reschedule. As though he was afraid to tell me he said, "She rescheduled me for Friday, Valentine's Day." I said, "Okay. So? I don't care. We don't celebrate that shit." Why did he think I'd care?
Speaking of: Jim's birthday is in 4 days! He wants to go to Scotty's downtown and I'm excited! He's supposed to call for reservations on Saturday and we'll go down with Doug and Lauren...if we can get in.
So, yesterday at lunch, there were only three out of the five of the lunch ladies present. (Two had taken sick days.) Of the three of us, only myself and the art teacher was at school Friday. Obviously, the topic of the day was the lockdown. When we convened for lunch, the one who wasn't present, let's call her Nana, had about a million rumors to share about Friday. Many of them, I'm sure were exaggerated and/or false. I know we proved one rumor she'd heard was false (she's a terrible gossip).I'm going to backtrack here to try and give you an idea of the kind of person Nana is. I like her - normally - but she is incredibly opinionated. She's got a LOT of anger and is VERY negative. (I mean, you think I'm negative? She takes the cake.) She is really loud when she's voicing her opinion (which is always), she doesn't listen well and in turn often talks over people. She'll come into a conversation having not heard it's beginnings and start spewing what she thinks is being discussed (and she's often wrong). I know what you're thinking: How is this person a "friend"? How can you say that you normally like her? After yesterday, I think it's that I put up with her.
So as we were eating yesterday, Nana made a comment about a couple teachers she'd heard had shed tears during the lockdown Friday. And by the way, I was close. When I was texting with Maggie during lockdown, I started to get weepy but I held it together. Anyway, Nana proceeded to rant that teachers who cry in situations like that are out of control and unprofessional. The art teacher and I looked at each other and just said, "You weren't there. You don't understand the situation." She kept literally yelling and yelling that "It was just her opinion." She said teachers need to hold it together to keep kids calm. Again, she ended all of her comments with, "That's just my opinion." At one point I said, "Easier said than done. You weren't there. It was stressful." She then yelled, "I DIDN'T SAY IT WAS EASY! But that's just my opinion."
This whole discussion upset me so much. A) How dare you judge like that. How dare you fault a person for how they react. Everyone reacts to stress in different ways. We're human (well, maybe you aren't) and sometimes our reactions are different. Sometimes people laugh, cry, freeze. B) Those aren't opinions, that's judgement. Opinions are things like liking steak is better than chicken; or he/she is the best looking person ever. Stating how a person should act in a certain situation is a judgement and you can keep that shit to yourself because again, YOU WEREN'T THERE!
I'm tempted to say something to Nana but I know it would be useless because like I said, she doesn't listen. She doesn't respect other's thoughts and feelings and really it's her way or the highway. I'll just continue like I do when she speaks during lunch and shut my mouth. I'd rather just avoid a useless discussion with her.
In construction news my yard is an even bigger disaster than before. However, all of the lumber and decking was delivered yesterday; I believe all the holes have been dug for the posts and the old top decking was taken off and hauled away. I'm guessing that today they'll finish the demo of the old deck and maybe start placing the posts? I'm hoping at least. I'm not sure when they'll pour cement. I keep telling myself when I look out at the disaster that it's going to be beautiful and worth it and in a couple months, it'll all be done.
Dinner tonight: Hamburgers, caprese salad and probably fries.
That's all I've got. Time to get a move on. Happy Tuesday. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment