Went out to dinner with Anne and Becky last night which was nice. We went to DeSha's and I had my usual (French onion and quiche). Becky brought up the family planning the trip to the Bay to spread Dad's ashes. A fall trip was thrown out there so we all need to look at calendars to figure it out. Maybe one weekend in October? I'm sure it will take some coordination with schedules but I think it will be a good time to do it. I'm open to anything though.
I decided this morning to NOT get on the elliptical as usual. I just feel like I have too much to do and Jim's got to get out the door especially early today. He has a therapy appointment at 9:00 but also needs to finish up the job he's on before then. I'll get on when I get home today...what else do I have to do?
Dinner tonight: I'm making chicken philly cheesesteaks in the Instant Pot. I'm actually using the Instant pot on the slow cook setting so it will be cooking while I'm at work. It looks really good but I've never used the slow cook setting on the Instant pot so I hope it works well. I looked up tips and tricks so hopefully things will work out. I mean how bad could it be? Chicken, peppers, onions, seasoning!? Kind of hard to fuck up, right?
Yesterday was the best day ever at work. It was a nice little treat to not have to be there until 9:00 and have 30 minute classes. With the classes so short (they were actually 29 minutes) I couldn't do my planned lessons so it was "movie" day for both ELA and history. I started showing Fried Green Tomatoes to my ELA kids and they seemed to really enjoy it. I love that movie. We're finishing up Les Mis in history...love that movie too although I can't watch it because it makes me cry.
Okay, I'd best get going. Happy Friday! Happy Weekend. No real plans except tomorrow, we're going to Northside Yacht Club for lunch with the Nunns. I'm sure we'll hit a brewery or two as well. K - later!

No comments:
Post a Comment