Friday, March 18, 2022

Spring Is A Pain In My Ass!

I like spring, don't get me wrong...warmer weather, flowers, the lovely smells, green grass, and that much closer to summer. However, I do NOT like the damn animals all over the place breeding and sending my damn dog (I say singular dog because Boo isn't the problem...Scout is my little maniac) into a complete frenzy. This morning (thankfully no animals were harmed in this story) there was something out there. Not in the backyard thank the baby Jesus but close enough that Scout was on the hunt. The animal in question (I think it was probably a baby deer whose mother was out and about) was literally SCREAMING over and over again. I felt for sure the whole neighborhood was going to wake up. I wanted to yell, "Scout didn't do this! He's didn't kill anything! The bunnies are safe!" He was, however, running around trying to get to said screaming asshole. He refused to come in no matter what I threatened or tempted him with. So finally, I just sat down on the couch and waited. And waited and he didn't come so finally I managed to get him inside. At that point it was almost time to go up and ellipticize and I hadn't even got to sip my coffee and see what was going on with the world. It took everything I had NOT to just sat down and skip my exercise routine. But...it's Friday and I thought, I can do this one more time this week! I can power through! So I did. 

And now here I am...ready to take on the day. I'm excited that A) It's Friday B) I have a three day week next week until I head out to the DR and I'm off school until April 4th and C) I have all my plans complete and posted for next week...one less thing.

Oh, did I mention? A couple weeks ago I thought, Huh...I wonder what happened to Tyler Henry!  He's the "Hollywood Medium" that I used to watch on E! He had a series but it's been ages since a new season had been released. And then I was on Netflix and saw that his show is now on there. So happy! He's so good! I'm sorry, if you watch him, it's hard to deny that he's for real. The things he knows. Watch it! 

Jim was out and about last night with Fritz so I had some time to myself here at home. I made a delicious Cobb salad for dinner and that sat down and watched The Adam Project. It was so good. I'll be showing that to my science class today. I mean, come on! Time travel...science...Ryan Reynolds! Why wouldn't I? It really is a good movie. I loves me some Ryan Reynolds. He just has such perfect timing. The kid who plays his younger self is really good too. I can't wait to show it to my students. 

And that's all I've got. I think tonight I'll make my Mom's curry chicken salad for dinner. I'd bought a rotisserie earlier in the week and need to use the shredded chicken from it. I'll probably do some green beans with it and maybe fries. Which means I'll need to go to the grocery during my plan period today. I like doing this as it breaks up my day and makes fasting a bit easier (it's a good distraction when I'm so close to breaking my fast and dying!). 

K - well, time to get a move in. Happy Friday! Safe travels to Maggie and family...get home safe and sound. Later!

No comments: