Monday, May 24, 2021

A Perfect Weekend

It really was a perfect weekend at the Bay except that it's never long enough and always flies by way too quickly. 

To recap - I got up around 4:00 on Friday morning to exercise and get everything ready. We got to the ferry just before 10:00 and got on the boat that came in just after. After unloading the car, making the bed, opening the windows and walking the pups, we headed out to lunch and beers. Originally we were going to eat at Reel Bar but there was nothing on their menu I wanted (it isn't their full menu yet) so we ended up at Frosty's and Big Man Burrito. After that we went home and Jim napped and I took Scout out for a longer walk. We decided to eat out Friday and went to Goat...yummy as usual. 

Friday overnight into Saturday, Scout was up all night watching animals and at 11:30, 1:30 and 3:30, he woke us up (and the neighbors it turns out) screaming at whatever animal he spied in the yard. We did close off the front porch where he was going to watch but forgot about the windows into that room which he jumped through (they were open obviously). He so silly. Scout certainly didn't make friends with the neighbors that night. BTW - he didn't do it on Saturday but then we were hip to his antics and closed that room off completely from jump. 

Saturday - the Crew's Nest ended up having a surprise opening of the pool so around 1:00 - when the clouds moved out - we headed over and enjoyed the pool for a couple hours. Oh, of course we went to Frosty's for breakfast and it was delicious! We skipped lunch Saturday but had an early drink with Mike next door and then went to the Crew's Nest for dinner. It was really good and busy. 

It's so good to see the island getting back to normal and I know the residents are thrilled as well but most of the businesses up there are having a REALLY hard time finding help. In fact one restaurant is going to have to go to all take out because they can't get enough employees. Ridiculous! Oh well. 

Sunday Jim and I woke up early, I walked Scout and then we got everything ready to hit the road after we had breakfast at Frosty's. We had to wait for one boat but were on the 10:00 ferry and home by 1:30. Can't wait to head back. 

BTW - the boys were GREAT (aside from Scout's late night animal watching). Not only were they happy just to be with us but they were such great little car riders. 

So this week at school will be a waste for the most part. The kids are starting to hand in their Chromebooks today, I believe, which means they won't be able to do their work and this is a problem and why I'll be showing movies for the week. I'll also be finishing up my paperwork and wrapping things up. I might even try to get my room moved as much as possible (we're going back to our old room next year). Other than that...nothing exciting here. 

K - I need to do a few things before I head out. Oh, cicadas are emerging...you can certainly hear them in the trees but they aren't flying around being annoying...yet. 

Happy Monday! Later!

No comments: