Friday, April 09, 2021

Not So Bad

I have a conundrum: I'm on my last chapter for both science and Government and there's too much time until the end of year to stretch them out. What to do? For history, I think I've decided to do some Geography lessons to wrap up the year (kids don't know shit about Geography) but what should I do about science? Currently I'm working through a chapter on the sun and earth. I might be able to work through an outer space chapter as well but maybe it would be better just to give the kids a long term project on the planets. Truthfully I'm so spent that I just don't know that I have it in me to plan a long term project. Ugh! 

Last night wasn't too terribly bad. We had two groups of 5 that were supposed to come in to present (one group at 5:15 and the other at 6:45). In the end, we had 4 kids show for the first session and one for the second. I was done by 7:00. So I left. I polled a couple other teachers and they were leaving too so I said, f&%k it! I did manage to get a lot done yesterday so that's good. All in all, it wasn't so bad.

Today I have my stupid scholarship IEP meeting. This is an IEP that means basically nothing. It's for a kid I've never met and who doesn't go to Kings. Because she's on an IEP (although I don't think she really qualifies) she's eligible for one of the scholarships available to sped students. She thus is basically home schooled. In these cases there still has to be an annual review and IEP written "just in case" she were to come back to the district. So fucking stupid. Such a waste of time. I hate that I have to take time away from my class to deal with this but what're you going to do? 

No plans for the weekend. Jim has his 2nd shot today which means he'll be home by about 1:00. He told me this morning he wanted to meet me after school at Shooters but I had to shoot him down. I didn't get my true exercise on yesterday and don't want to miss another workout today. Especially since there's a good chance that the dogs won't get their walk with the rain coming in around the time I would normally walk them. Sorry Jim...you'll be fine. I told him he could go by himself but of course he said, "It's no fun without you!" I mean, what is!? 

And that's all I've got. Big day ahead. (Not really.) Happy Friday! Stay safe - fingers crossed Jim doesn't have any symptoms with his 2nd shot! Later!

No comments: