Monday, April 12, 2021

Mondays Are Ruff On My Boys

Mondays are always tough on my boys after the weekend. Literally they come down in the morning with me go out, Boo comes in and eats while Scout heads straight back upstairs to sit on his daddy until he finally gets out of bed and then Boo and Scout both hunker down in their pillows to sleep off the weekend. I mean, talk about lazy! And of course this drives me nuts because Scout doesn't eat! Arg! 

Jim's not feeling great. His gut is giving him fits. He doesn't have the runs or anything (sorry) but he's got some pain in a spot. I think he's going to stay home today and call the doctor to see if they have any suggestions or in case they want to see him. He's shown to have diverticula in the past when he's gotten scans and had a colonoscopy but it's never, in the past been infected (thus diverticulitis) but it's something that they've been keeping an eye on. Probably a good idea to get things checked out. 

The weekend was fine. Oh, expect the fact that our oven crapped out. We woke up Sunday morning to it shut down and dead. The light inside it works but the electric panel is shot. It's about 17 years old so really at the end of it's life. I'm not too terribly upset about it because I want a new oven but getting it was a bit of a pain in the ass yesterday. Of course no one has anything in stock so I'll have to wait until early May to get anything. It's okay though because A) it's getting warm out and grilling season and B) I have a toaster oven to do any oven cooking I may need to do. I also decided that while we're getting a new oven, we might as well get a new cooktop so that's coming too. Excited with the exception that I'm $3000 poorer. Oh well.

Other than that, Jim and I didn't really do anything this weekend. We kept talking about going to hibachi but then just never really wanted to so I cooked all weekend and we played cards and just hung out. 

School this week will be a little wonky as Tuesday starts state testing (this Tuesday and next). Shouldn't be too big a deal. I have a classroom of accommodation kids, 8 of them, but I've done this several times in past years so not concerned. The state decided to drop the US history test this year so kids will only have to take English 10, Biology, Algebra, Geometry and Government (if they're taking those classes). Who knows what the state will say about the test scores and if they'll even count. 

Okay well, that's all I've got. Better go try and rouse Scoutie to see if he'll eat. Happy Monday! Later!

No comments: