Monday, June 29, 2020

Headed North...Finally!

I'm finally going to go to Columbus this week and I can't wait. I'll head up on Wednesday and come home Friday. Woot! Originally, I didn't know if this would happen this week because I was having issues with my tooth and made an appointment for Tuesday to get it checked. My fear was I'd have to get a root canal. However, since last Friday, I haven't had any pain or sensitivity. So, I'll cancel my appointment and hope it doesn't return. I can't wait to hang with Maggie and Eva and just lounge in the pool!

The weekend was good. Friday was chill...just dinner and some virtual cards with the neighbors. Saturday was so much fun. After a breakfast and a walk with Scout, Doug and I went to the Nature Center to do a trail run/hike. We ran for two miles (which was my goal) and then hiked for another 2 miles (mainly because we took a wrong turn which extended our hike a little longer than we had planned). When I got home, I was WIPED OUT so took a much deserved bubble bath and then took a little nap. After that, we all gathered together and had a little taste testing of shitty beers we all used to drink when we were in college and poor. As I figured, they all were still disgusting (especially Fosters) but surprisingly, Milwaukee's Best was my "favorite". Who know I was a fan of The Beast!?

Sunday was the BEST day! I made a huge breakfast (including blueberry pancakes) and because it rained all morning I didn't get to walk Scout until later in the day. Instead, Jim and I headed out to some nursery's around the area to get our landscaping for in front of the deck. We ended up getting a couple of hostas, some boxwoods and dwarf trees. Oh, and a hydrangea. It's going to look so pretty! After that, we came home and walked the dogs and had a couple cocktails with Doug and Lauren. Originally, I planned on making dinner (had everything prepped) but on the fly, we decided to join D&L for dinner out at a nearby Mexican restaurant. Delicious!

No major plans today except the grocery and maybe a bike ride around the neighborhood. It's crazy humid and foggy this morning. The guys are suppose to be here to finish up the siding...hopefully that happens. Scout's being a bad dog and won't eat his breakfast. I told him we wouldn't walk until he ate but he isn't listening to me. In all likelihood, I should be listening to him...he's probably not feeling great...I might be a bad mom!

Okay - time to get a move on...make my grocery list and get my day started. Happy Monday...stay healthy and masked! Later!

No comments: