Such sad news about Kobe Bryant. Just so stupid! No more to say about that.
My weekend: Well, it started out sucky because I got a flat tire on my way home from school. I was going the back way home and realized at a red light that my TPMS light was on so I looked at my tire gauge and saw that the air pressure was going down quickly in my rear passenger side tire. Literally as I sat at the red light, it went from 25 to 15 psi in a matter of about 2 minutes. I made it the quarter mile to the UDF on 22/3 and filled my tire to 32 psi. And then I heard that air continuing to quickly leak out. Leaning over and looking at the tire, I saw the metal shard embedded in the tire. Shit! I called Jim to get his thoughts: Do I change it and put the spare on or try to drive it another quarter mile up the road to Tire Discounters? He was on his way home and said he would come and change the tire but I said I'd try to do it myself. So I pulled all the tire changing gear out and realized that the jack looks a little more difficult than I wanted to figure out so I got back in my car to wait for Jim. About 5 minutes later, a cop knocks on my window and she says, "Got a flat? Your husband called." JAYSUS! Of course he did. Long story short, the officer was a little unsure about the jack as well so she radioed her fellow officer to come take a look. She got the jack positioned and then when the second officer arrived with an intern, they all got the thing changed no problem. And, I was home within a half hour of my normal time. (I had called Jim and told him to head on home.) I can't tell you how easy the whole thing was and how awesome the officers were. I messaged the township to thank them on Saturday morning. They made what could have been a frustrating and shitty way to kick off the weekend into something that was really no big deal.
Saturday Jim and I got up, had breakfast and while Jim took the car to Bob Summerall to get the tire fixed ($35.00 later!) I cleaned. We went to Shooters and then came home and chilled. I made a meatless dinner on Saturday that Jim was NOT a fan of. I loved it but I think the sweet potato that was in it wasn't Jim's fave. Oh well, live and learn.
Sunday we went to TJ Maxx, Home Goods and Steinmart to put a basket together for Jim's sister who is going through chemo...just some teas, cozy socks, lotion, and a couple of mugs to keep her spirits up. Afterward, we headed to Shooters again and then home for some chill time. No big deal.
It should be an easy week at school. I don't have any meetings but have three coming up so I'll be getting those written and sent off as drafts to parents. Other than that - nada.
And I better get a move on. Happy Monday! Here's hoping that the week goes by quickly. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment