Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Clear Skin

Jim went to the dermatologist yesterday (his 6-month check up) and all is well. He's good to go for another 6 months. I was a little worried...only because the new meds specifically talk about side effects of skin growths and developing skin cancers (squamous cells etc.) but he was all good.

Had some WEIRD dreams last night and I wasn't even on the melatonin. Ugh! There were some these herds of beasts on the loose (that used to be humans) and the only way to avoid getting eaten by them was to play dead. So I was hunkered in bed with Zeke and Boo (not sure where Scout was or why Zeke was there) and so worried they were going to move or get antsy and it was terrible.

I have an IEP this morning. It will be fine but it's a set of parents that are a bit of a pain in the ass. Their kid is really very smart, on the spectrum and has in the past year had a writing goal (I HATE writing goals). His biggest issue is, he's a lazy ass and completely unorganized and distracted by his phone. This means that rather than do his homework or complete his work I fight with him to get shit done. So the IEP I wrote didn't have a writing goal (because he can write fine in comparison to his peers) and though it's something we'll continue to help him with, it won't be monitored with a goal. I sent a draft home but of course the parents are all, "We think his writing is still an issue." Okay, I didn't say that it wasn't a bit of an issue in fact, I even wrote that it was still a need...we just aren't going to make that the goal. Ugh. So I'll be fighting with them on this for the IEP. I have a goal ready just in case but hopefully I can keep them from adding this. Stupid.

This evening, I'll be going out to dinner with Anne and Lisa (cousin). We'll meet up at Rusty Bucket around 6:15. Yummy!

And that's all I've got. I'd better finish my toilette so I can get ready for my IEP. Happy Tuesday (damn, I though it was Wednesday...although without kids on Friday and taking a 1/2 day, it kind of is my Wednesday). Later!

No comments: