Friday, January 24, 2020

Safe Travels

Safe travels to Maggie who is headed to Ft. Lauderdale today to join Charlie for the weekend. Cheers to good weather and fun!

TGIF! I have to say that considering this was a short week, it sure dragged on. Ugh! And of course, each day, I would enter my classroom, make my coffee, sit down to figure out what was what and a headache would kick in. It's that time of year. I actually already have a headache now but will take some ibuprofen and hopefully it will go away quickly.

Those dang boys woke me up at 4:00 AM today. I don't know what their problem was but they kept doing bad things to keep me awake...licking each others ears, trying to lick me, Scout walked on top of me to get to the side table to steal my socks. ARG! Well, at least is should be a relatively easy day. We're on an advisory schedule though which I hate. Such a waste of time. Nothing that bugs me more than wasted time. And the kids hate it too. Stupid.

I made my butternut squash and black bean stew last night and it was YUMMY! I used Brussel sprouts instead of kale or spinach, I added a bit more broth than it called, a 2nd can of black beans and a bit more cayenne. Even Jim liked it. I'll be having it for lunch too. Can't wait.

Tonight I'm making homemade pizzas for dinner. I think I'll do a meaty one for Jim (turkey pepperoni and sausage) and then a caramelized onion and mushroom for me. Plus a salad. Jim should have a short day today so I'll send him to the store for me. I just can't wait for a yummy beer after work (and a workout).

No real plans for the weekend. I'm sure Shooters will be in there at some point but who knows what else. It's not going to be very nice...maybe we should go to a movie. We'll see.

And that's all I've got. Time to get a move on. Happy Friday! YAY!!! Later!

No comments: