Can't believe we've arrived at another Monday! The weekend seemed to fly by but I really didn't do much. Although on Saturday, we did go to a new brewery in Mason (16 Lots...I liked it a lot) and then to dinner at Clyborne's. I wasn't too hot about my meal or my "experience" for that matter. First of all, the side dish that came with my pork chops (fennel potato thingy) had a strange taste. The pork chop wasn't great either. The waitress...well, I didn't mind her but she wasn't very smart or maybe this was her first time in a restaurant ever. Here was the weird thing: The specials were a watermelon gazpacho with a shrimp ceviche (not my thing) and the dinner special was salmon served with gnocchi. Our poor waitress butchered the pronunciation of not only ceviche and gnocchi (understandable...maybe...if you're not in the restaurant business) but she also fucked up gazpacho. Now, these are SPECIALS which means, the staff should have gotten together before service began to talk about the dishes and wouldn't you want to know what the fuck you were saying to people sitting down to eat a meal that isn't cheap!? Now, I wasn't really bothered by it (regardless of what it might seem like here as I'm recounting it) but come on gurl...get it together. Ignorance and ditziness isn't cute.
Oh, and then here's a funny: When we were ordering our drinks upon sitting down, I got a gimlet. Here's what I told her, "I'd like a Tito's gimlet, extra lime, up." So she writes it down and then says, "I'm sorry, what's a gimlet?" I said, "It's a martini with simple syrup and lime juice...I'd like it with Tito's vodka." So she says, "How do you make it?" (and she readies her pen to write the instructions down). I said, "Are you making it or is there a bartender?" Her: "Oh, there's a bartender to make it." Me: "Then don't worry about it; it's a common drink he or she will know what to do." I mean, jeez gurl is this your first night waiting tables?!
After dinner, we came back here - after stopping at Kroger for desserts (first time since Christmas that I've really partook in any worthwhile dessert - GRAETER'S!!!) and then threw some cards. Sunday Jim and I went to Shooter's and then came home and chilled. Actually, I watched A Star Is Born. UGH! I was really looking forward to the movie and while it was fine, I can't say that I really "liked" it. SOOOOOO depressing! I just knew nothing good was going to come out of it and it just bummed me out. Oh well...pretty good music at least and Lady Gaga did pretty well.
And then - to top my weekend off, I got SO sick after dinner last night. I don't know if it was something I ate (although Jim was fine and we ate the same things) or my body wasn't into the meal but man oh man was I hating life for a couple hours. I won't go into the detes but I was bummed that I couldn't stay up and watch the premier of Big Little Lies. Oh well, I'll watch it today at some point.
Oh, and then in the middle of the night - around 2:00 - some animal in the back woods behind our house started screaming! Freaked our dogs out...freaked me out. I don't know what it was but it was probably either a raccoon or baby deer. It was disturbing though.
So it's another rainy day. My plans (already exercised and ate breakfast) are to make my menu for the week, go grocery shopping and then do a bit of light cleaning. I'm also going to start writing out my menus for PIB so I can start getting that stuff made, frozen and organized. Other than that, I'll read and catch up on my DVRd shows.
K - well, that's all I've got. Time to get this day started. Happy Monday. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment