If I were a mind reader, being married to Jim, I would be much better off; much less confused that's for sure! Or maybe not. Maybe being in his mind would be just as jumbled and confusing as it is to have no idea what he's talking about minute to minute.
So yesterday I got a text from Jim telling me that his friend Dan sent him a text saying he and his girlfriend are going to the Reds game tonight and did we want to go as well. My answer: Not really. I told Jim, well, I reminded him that Fridays...going out after working all week is tough for him. He is usually wiped and in bed by 8:00. Plus, with everything coming up I don't want to spend the money ($8 or more for a beer plus dinner plus the ticket, plus parking with PIB coming up...nope). We had this conversation when he got home and he said, "Do you care if I still go?" I told him he could do whatever he wants but for me, I didn't want to go. (Although he seemed to miss my point but whatever.)
Fast forward to this morning...he calls about another matter and at the end of the convo, I say, "Are you going to the game tonight?" And he says, "Not if you're not going." I said, "You asked me last night if I minded if you went even though I didn't want to go." He said, "I thought we were talking about the Businessman's special game on Wednesday." What!? When was that ever discussed. I was so confused. I said, "I'm so confused. What are you talking about? When did we talk about the Businessman's special game?" And he goes on to say that about 2 weeks ago or so, he had discussed that when Fritz comes to town (he's coming Monday) it might be fun to go to a businessman's special game together. So then I was all, "Ah...I gotcha...we're continuing a conversation from over two weeks ago that was just mentioned in passing. Got it...I'm caught up now." And then he gets annoyed with me because I'm so confused and don't understand where his mind is. So then of course I get annoyed. So annoying. I mean, why would he think I would be talking about next Wednesday's game when that hadn't been a topic...when we had been talking about the text from Dan!? ARG!!! Am I being gaslighted?! WTF is going on!? He drives me nuts.
On another note: Madonna is weird. Just want to put that out there. And really, I think she acts the way she acts and talks the way she talks so that people will say, "That Madonna is weird." She's just trying to stay relevant...I get it...but why does she try to be so avant garde? Just be you weirdo. Stop always trying to reinvent yourself.
I was going to take a bike ride this morning but it's literally 45 degrees! It's freaking freezing! I may take a ride later...before I lay out and before lunch. We'll see...probably just around the neighborhood. I've done my abs and arms so that's good. I also may mow the backyard but I'll have to see how wet it is out there. If I don't do it today, I won't be able to do it until next week because we're looking at rain after today for the rest of the weekend.
I started watching Fleabag yesterday (Amazon Prime series). Hilarious.
Yesterday was quite productive for me. I prepped several meals for PIB and froze them. I got chicken burgers made, pork tenderloin marinated as well as a big old bag of chicken. I also made pulled pork and got some chicken cooked and shredded for chicken salad. That should take care of most meals while I'm up there since we'll probably go out a couple times and then have dogs, burgers etc. too (nothing to prep there). I'm also going to take a bag of mandarin chicken from Trader Joe's for Jim and I (we'll have several days up there on our own). Can't wait.
And that's all I've got. Guess I'll go try and warm up with a cup of joe and read a little. Or maybe I"ll just go out and mow the lawn. Who knows. Happy Friday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment