Thursday, June 13, 2019

Fall Like

It is downright chilly today. Not that I'm complaining. Every day without the AC turned on is a good day! I wish it were sunny but at least I don't have to water the flowers! Silver lining and all that. Plus, I have inside work I need to do today so I can at least get that done.

Yesterday was quite productive! Not only did I get back on the trail (rode 12.8 miles! Woot!) but I went to Trader Joe's and Aldi and made a new wonderful discovery: Cold Brew coffee! It is unbelievable and like heroine, after my first "hit", I was addicted! And they had it at Trader Joe's and Aldi (Maggie reminded me they are the same owners). If you like coffee and haven't tried, I highly suggest! I take one part coffee, one part 1/2 and 1/2 (fat free) and 1 part water, add a little Splenda over ice and VOILA! Happiness in a glass!

When I got home from all my errands yesterday, it was still beautiful and so I laid out for a bit. I read some too (Jenna Hager Bush's book of the month came through from my library! It's called Searching For Sylvie Lee...so far so good) until Jimmy got home. We had a guy come to look at the bathroom (he was supposed to be here at 4:00...didn't get here until 5:09...strike one). I'll get the estimate today...supposedly...we'll see. I liked the guy okay but, well, he was way late and wouldn't have called (Jim had to call him) plus there's always that feeling of distrust with these guys.

Today, I'll head to Meijer to get a few things and then make some of my meals for the Bay trips I've got coming up. I've exercised (abs, arms and elliptical today) and eaten breakfast. Guess I'll go make a cup of cold brew and hit the showers. Happy Thursday! Later!

No comments: