So I'm sitting there with my kids in science and one of my girls is on her phone (we were done for the day) and she says to another kid, "Who is_____? And why is he emailing me all this stuff?" I was listening with half an ear and then the kid she asked verified with my student's last name who she was talking about so my ears perked up. I asked what he had emailed and apparently he emailed the classes of 2019, 2020, and 2021 his desire for a girlfriend. There were three emails that I saw. UGH! DUDE! Don't be so damn desperate. So of course I had to email mom and dad, email the administration and then email his speech/language therapist (so she could work on appropriate communication skills with him). Apparently the administration already knew and when I went to my IEP meeting later in the day, I found out that on of the VPs had talked to him. Which sucks because I had a talk with him and then he went to speech and they spent the whole session talking about it and then I got an email from the mom saying she was going to talk with him. Well, I guess if after all that he doesn't get it, he's never going to get it.
Not much else is going on. Jim had his doc appointment yesterday to see how he's doing on the predinose. She wants to reduce his dosage but Jim convinced her to wait a week. He'll go back next Monday and she'll probably put in the order for a reduced dose of the steroid. From there, after he shows success on that dosage, she wants to reintroduce the mek inhibitor (the second drug that is used with the drug he's already on) to treat his melanoma. I'm hoping that happens after PIB because I don't have a lot of faith in that. But we'll see...I didn't have faith in the pred either so there you go.
Okay - time to get a move on. Happy Tuesday and here's hoping for a day of no news. Later.


No comments:
Post a Comment