So I got home yesterday and was doing some cleaning up, putting away (Jim was at work...2nd shift) and I saw that Jim had a load of laundry in the dryer that wasn't quite dry. I figured he had stopped the dryer before leaving because we don't like the it running when no one's home. I go to restart it and nothing happens. Hmm...so I text Jim and say, "The dryer isn't working." He calls and I tell him the story. I ask him if he thought maybe something happened when he was working on the electric. He said, "Not possible because the circuit for the dryer is completely separate from what I was doing." So I go check the fuse box and what do you know, it's blown. So I switch it, walk inside and I shared with Jim that I thought it strange that in nearly 13 years of living here, we have NEVER blown the dryer fuse. I then turn the dryer on and stand there for about 30 seconds talking to Jim and BZZT!!! POW! And then the dryer shot out some sparks and died. Well, there you go! Guess it's a good thing that we had the new washer and dryer delivered Saturday. Guess what we'll be doing this evening?
Jim isn't working 2nd shift today which kind of sucks because I was hoping he'd get more of the revo done but beggers can't be choosers.
Mom flies into Columbus this morning. Safe travels...can't wait to see you!
Today after school (I'll leave right when the bell rings) I plan on heading to the polls to vote and then zipping up the street to get my hair done. I'm hoping Jim doens't have to be at work until later so that Sami won't be alone for that long. We'll see.
This "Super Tuesday" can't end soon enough. I'm so sick of having to mute my TV when a Donald Trump commercial comes on. Makes my skin crawl. I told Jim on Sunday that I would seriously divorce him if he were supporting Trump. I could seriously not share a bed with someone who supported such a disgusting person. Not that I can stand any of the republicans in the race: a Christian fundamentalist; a union buster; a bigot/racist. UGH! What is wrong with this country?!
Okay - I stepped off my soapbox and need to go finish getting ready. Happy Tuesday! Get out there and vote! Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment