Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Clap Is Back

That's a line from my new fave show: Life In Pieces. If you haven't watched it (and there's only been one episode), you must (Mondays on CBS). I originally wanted to watch because I love Dianne Wiest (HI GARRRRY!!! - a line from her iconic role in Parenthood). However, now that I've seen it, my favorites on are Tom Hanks son and the woman that plays his wife. Another line to tempt you: "I looked at my box!!!" Jim and I laughed throughout the whole show.

Lets see...what's going on. Well, it's Thursday but feels like Friday because I'm wearing jeans. It's our pink ribbon game tonight so we have an extra day for dressing down this week. I'll take it. Tomorrow's going to be a bit rough because Jim and I have a party to go to tomorrow night. (Why do people have parties on Fridays?! Don't they know I'm no good on a Friday!? And yes, it's all about me!) We'll hit Via Vite before hand (on Fountain Square) as the party is in northern KY. I'm hoping to be home relatively early...I know Jim won't last long.

School: So another teacher in my school turned the staff on (about a month ago) to a new interactive website. It's called Kahoot. You can make quizzes on the site and then have the students take them while competing against each other. AND the results are all downloadable. The kids can use their phones to play too. We played for the first time yesterday and the kids (and teachers - Lisa and Diane) LOVED IT! So much fun! It really gets the kids thinking on their toes and helps with processing speed. I'll use this periodically to warm the kids up in class and do quick reviews of lessons.

Well, that's all I've got. Best finish my routine. Happy Thursday...later!

No comments: