Thursday, October 03, 2013

Thoughts & Prayers

Today, Richard (my stepfather) goes into hospital for a double bypass and an aortic valve replacement.  Additionally, they found a nodule on his lung that they are hoping to be able to remove (they aren't sure what it is and if they can't get to it, they'll have to wait 3 months and try again...ugh!) They think he'll be in hospital for 5-7 days but the rehab is going to be about 2-3 months. Please keep your thoughts and prayers with my mom and Richard today and for the next several weeks as they power through this life obstacle. (And lets hope this is the last obstacle they have for a long while as it has been a freaking shitty year for them.)

In other news, got paid today. Checked my pay stubby thing and I was docked a half day for the professional day we had a couple weeks ago.  Normally I wouldn't notice something like this but when I was on the website for putting in absences the other day I noticed that day had been marked "sick leave" instead of "professional day".  I told the secretary about it and she said she'd fix it .  Well she fixed it on the site but didn't tell central office about it.  Glad I checked...if you want something done right, I guess you should do it yourself.

In Jim shoulder news, he's doing much better.  We're hoping that he will be approved for his shots and PT by Monday.  He's doing very little bitching about it and I think a little rest was just what the doc ordered.

And that's all I've got.  I need to head out quickly because I need to go to Kroger and the post office this morning and I'm sure I have lots of papers on my desk to grade.  (Although we had an impromptu drug search yesterday at school apparently - I was absent - and so many of my kids may not have completed their work with shortened bells).  K - I'm out...later!

No comments: