First place goes to this little cutes! When I get little gifts like this in the middle of my day, I don't mind so much when Maggie rubs it in my face that she's at PIB and I'm not.
Second place goes to my bed. It's been so chilly at night lately that I decided it was time to change from my light, nearly featherless comforter to my think cozy one. I was so excited about it that I went up to lay in bed at 7:15 last night. I did try to read but started falling asleep so I turned on the TV instead. I found The Big Chill had just started and watched about a half hour of that before falling asleep. Man that comforter just sucks you in and refuses to spit you out. So cozy.
Speaking of sleep, my third place goes to sleeping the night through without waking up. Usually I wake up once in the night and usually I can get back to sleep easily. Every now and then though, I fall asleep and don't wake up again until my alarm goes off and it is so heavenly.
Fourth place goes to school. Sometimes school can be so humdrum and monotonous...either that or there's so much going on that I can't keep up. Every now and again, however, something exciting happens. Nothing major but something exciting. So several of my kids are REALLY bad at money. I mean they can say, "This is a penny", "This is a nickel", "This is a dime" etc. but they can't say what the worth of the coins are. They have a hard time counting by fives, tens, etc. So I went online and found a presentation thingy (very interactive) to work on this skill during my 7th period study hall. We started yesterday and the kids did so well. I felt like we really made a start yesterday. Even Horshack made some progress (he's my ninth grade autistic kid...I finally found a name for him after he raised his hand a week or so ago and started going, "Oooh, oooh, oooh,"...Horshack it is). It took a few tries for him not to say that two nickels equaled 55 cents but eventually he got it.
I know all of this isn't much but I tell you, I'm so sick of going on Facebook and whatnot and seeing all these negative posts from people. Seriously - more than half the Facebook comments I read are people bitching about one thing or another. It's exhausting and I can't imagine it isn't exhausting being those people. And I get for some it's a realm where they can vent but go out into the woods and scream, or scream into a pillow...the rest of the world is trying to enjoy life and you're bringing us all down! (Of course this doesn't apply to any of the people who read this...you are all fine).
K - I know I just contradicted myself by throwing a bitch in there but you know...I had to explain. K - I'm out. Headed to Target after work...it's early release and Data Day so no meetings...YAY! Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment