Thursday, December 08, 2011

You Know It's Close To X-Mas Break When...

...the alarm goes off and you can't open your eyes.  And not because of crusties either.  Seriously...the alarm was blaring "Brandy"...

The sailors say "Brandy, you're a fine girl
What a good wife you would be
Yeah your eyes could steal a sailor
From the sea."

...and I couldn't get my eyes open long enough to turn the damn thing down or off!  UGH!  Now I have that song in my head.  It just gets so hard, the closer we get to my 2 weeks off, to get out of bed and today was a doozy.  I was sleeping so good too.  Having a nice dream (I don't remember it now)...bummer!  7 more days (that's including today).

So yesterday I went to Target and Costco after school.  It was very productive.  I got all the kids done.  Jim's got a few presents under the tree.  I got Jim's present for his family pick. Costco was easy and not crowded - although I got behind some stupid ass distracted moron lady on the phone, texting, ignoring her 1-year old and amazingly...she lost her GD Costco card and so couldn't finish her transaction.  I stood there calm, not irritated (really I wasn't it wasn't a big deal) but seriously lady, put your GD phone down for 2 minutes and GET IT TOGETHER!!! 

Home I managed to walk Sami, cook dinner, make a fire, wrap some presents, and relax.  Jim worked a little late so it was just me and the pups.  Although I am having a bit of a meltdown every time I look at my Christmas tree.  There's this one section on it where the lights are out and its DRIVING ME BANANAS!!!  I think this weekend we're going to have to redo the tree or maybe just get a short set of lights to put in this spot.  UGH! 

Okay - I better head out.  I've got to finish making my freshman's modified exams for World Studies and Biology and then make a Psychology exam up for two of my seniors.  UGH!   K - later!

(Here's something funny:  I just did my spellcheck and the word "texting" wasn't recognized.  I think Google better get it together!  Step into 2012 please!)

No comments: