First - lets start the day out right. I got this pic at school yesterday and oh my goodness it made my day! Is she a doll, or what?! She's obviously still a bit stuffy considering the way her mouth is WIDE open while sleeping. So cute! I just want to nuzzle her little neck. Can't wait to see her Saturday!!!
So Jim and I are the proud new owners of TWO beautiful leather recliners. They actually look a LOT like regular chairs which is nice. I just hope they look good in the family room. Jim didn't like them as much as I did because they didn't support his big old lolling head as much as he'd like (see he falls asleep the minute his butt hits any type of seat). He's such a beast but I told him he could put a pillow behind his noggin! My GOD he's such a PIMA!!! They'll be delivering the chairs this evening between 5 and 9! I'm hoping closer to 5 because by nine, I might not be awake. Now the only thing I need to get is a table to put between the two recliners but I found one at Target that would fit my needs (shown - simple, right?). Most likely I'll get that Friday when I head to Costco after work (Target is next door).
Ikea is my new favorite store, by the way. And really I'm drawn in by their kitchen section. They have everything you could want and more. There are gadgets there that I didn't know I needed! Like a cheese grater that has a little container that catches the cheese as you grate! Or cutting boards as big as my bed (not really that big) for about $10!!! Last night we managed to get Fritz's gifts out of the way in the kitchen section. See, when Fritz comes to town, he always wants to have these dinner parties but he has hardly any essentials for the prep. We got him a huge cutting board (that we accidentally stole...long story and not my fault!), every serving and stirring utensil you can think of, measuring cups and spoons and one for liquids, a cheese grater, peeler, colander and stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting! I would also like to go back there because they've got AMAZING prices on down comforters and I need a new one for our bed. Seriously! I need to win the lottery and take some of my winnings to IKEA!!!
K - well, I'd best get to work. I have two hours to kill before kids arrive today and that should be enough time to finish the IEP I have in January. I actually only have one more part to do and then it's done. However, there is a kid who I got an email about that's supposed to be in at 7:30 to finish his Spanish exam (his teacher is part time and doesn't have to be in early) and she asked me to monitor him. He isn't on my caseload though and I'm tempted to send him to my male slacker colleague. I mean, with all those LOUD LADIES in my room, he won't be able to concentrate, right?!
K - I'm out...hopefully pics tomorrow of new chairs...if they don't look stupid...cross fingers! Later!



No comments:
Post a Comment