I'm so sad! Our (the Cincinnati Zoo's) baby giraffe, Zuri died! I guess a month or so ago, she broke her leg. Recently, she had become more unstable so they did a procedure and found her fracture much worse then they had thought. They were thus forced to euthanize her! Poor, sweet baby Zuri!
In other news, it's raining. It's only supposed to last for a bit - in fact, I think it may have already stopped - and then be partly cloudy the rest of the day. Let's hope that tomorrow gives us some good sun as we'll be at Raeburn all day! Maggie, Charlie and Eva are coming down today and then tomorrow, Anne and the kids, Trip, Susan, J.J., and Jim and I will be heading over to the house for a day of swimming and playing. It will be Eva's first time in a pool too! I'm betting that she'll love it considering how much she loves her baths. I'll take lots of pics.
Jim's driving me nuts, by the way. I know, shocker. Why, you ask? Well, I get home from walking Sami and notice that Jim has started his car. I go inside and see Jim sitting at the computer and eating his breakfast. I said, "Hey Jim!? You're car is running." Jim: "I know, I'm letting it warm up." Let me take the time to remind you right now that it's JULY 2nd!!! And it's 70 degrees out. I'm pretty sure the car doesn't need to warm up. So eventually, after I tell him over and over to hit the road and stop wasting gas, he leaves (he's finishing up a job this morning at his sister's house). However, wouldn't you know it, he ends up coming right back in to give me the lottery tickets that he bought (exchanged for our $10 winners). But he can't just hand them to me. He has to tell me the long, drawn out, irrelevant story that goes along with it. Me: "Okay - goodbye! The car is still running! Bye!" I know, I know! I sound like such a bitch and you'd think I was in a bad mood but I'm not, really! I'm just sick of him wasting time when he could be out, working and finishing his job (that should have been done weeks ago) so that it doesn't take ALL of our Saturday! UGH!
Breathe, breathe. Oh, and by the way - ICK!!! I just burped up my nasty ass fish oil pill. I need to remember to take it BEFORE I eat my breakfast! Gross!
Okay - well that's all I've got for now. I'll be updating my book blog here in a minute (2 books including the last of the Hunger Game series). Maggie should be calling me soon to let me know what time she's coming down and I need to make my potato salad for tomorrow. By the way family - I bought lots of chips and beer. K - I'm out...later!

No comments:
Post a Comment