Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Life In Columbus

You better put that camera away before I
shove it where the sun don't shine!!!
So I'm here...in Columbus.  I dread going home becuase of construction on  south 71 just before Lebanon.  Driving through yesterday, there was about a 2 mile stretch of nearly stopped traffic.  In addition, after I passed that, the highway was shut down because of a major accident that looked to involve two semis.  Ugh! 

Eva is superb by the way and we got to spend some quality time together last night.  Although, truth be told, she slept nearly the whole time Charlie and Maggie were at the movie so I don't know how quality it was.  Just kidding.  I love just watching her sleep.  While she was awake though, she was giggling and laughing and talking.  I tried to get pics of her doing just that but the picture at the left is how they all turned out.  The flash sort of startled her - every time.  I do have several funny pics of her...all bug-eyed though.

Plans while here:  Well, in a bit, I want to take a walk.  Maggie wants to go too but she doesn't walk as fast as I would like so I guess I'll just have to deal.  Maggie wants to weed her front yard.  That sounds like fun, doesn't it?!  At some point we'll go to Orange Leaf the yogurt place (this will happen daily while I'm here...a condition for my visit!).  Other than that, our plans are up in the air.  Lots of Eva time...lots of relaxing. 

Last night I watched that documentary "Something's Wrong With Aunt Diane" - about the woman who drove the wrong way a couple of years ago and killed 4 of the 5 kids in her car (a daughter and 3 nieces), herself and three men in another car.  Tests found loads of alcohol and weed in her system which the family couldn't believe was correct.  The documentary covered the timeline of the events that day as well as the husband and his sister digging to get to the "truth".  Their goal was to exhume the body to retest and prove that she wasn't drunk or that there had been some sort of stroke due to an abscess tooth that caused her erratic behavior.  It was sad because I think the truth lies in the blood and tox screens but they just can't admit that Diane had some issue that they just didn't know about. 

Okay so that's that...I best go snuggle with a sweet baby Eva!  Later!

1 comment:

Kathleen Ford said...

More pics for Great Aunt Kathleen!