So, Jim's phone? Like stepping into the year...2009! DATED!!! Antiquated!!! Ridiculous!!! (At left by the way.) I hate flip phones and I can say this because the two flip phones I had SUCKED and broke quickly! Plus they are a pain in the ass when you text. Anyway - yesterday - June 11th - was the day (FINALLY!) that Jim was able to get a free upgrade (my date isn't until December). So, being the sneaky (smart) person that I am, I presented to Jim that the better idea was for us to upgrade to a new and terrific phone, switch our numbers so that I get the new phone and Jim gets my Samsung Strive. He was more than happy to do this.

Understand too that Jim is technologically retarded and gets confused by too many buttons and fancy features so I knew that getting him an iPhone or Blackberry would be stupid because A) he wouldn't understand how to take advantage of all the features and B) he'd most likely end up breaking it. In the end - I got the Blackberry Torch (at left in white). I love it so far. It's got all the things I want and could ever need plus it's pretty. I love the option of a touch screen AND keyboard plus all the apps. I'm still figuring everything out and I could spend all day playing with it but I refuse to be one of those people who can't just put it away. Who wants to be tied down to your phone all the time, checking email, facebook, news, playing games etc.? Not me. It's nice to have, however...I look forward to December too when I may decide to pass this onto Jim and get me something even fancier. We'll see.
My Sunday plans? Well, I've walked Sami already and made breakfast. In a minute here, I'll update my
book blog with the three books I've read and neglected to review (I know - I'm a slacker). After that, I'm hoping to lay out...the weather here is nice and cool (80 degree high today) but the sun hasn't quite made an appearance yet. I think it's supposed to get nicer but who knows.
By the way - a week from today I will be heading to PIB!!! Yeah! And BONUS!!! Maggie and Eva are coming with us!!! Charlie has a trip to Cleveland and then a work thing in Vegas...he's going to be gone for about 5 days. Rather than Maggie being all alone and with no break we concocted a plan to have her come with us to the PIB!!! I'm so excited and so is Jim. When I told/asked him he goes, "REALLY!?" He hasn't met sweet Eva yet so he's happy. Anyway - a week from today!!! Can't wait!!!
K - well, I better get going on updating my books...later!
No comments:
Post a Comment