So...a little more about the whole phone purchase. As I mentioned before, Jim and I swapped...he got my old phone...I got the new and fabulous Blackberry. I thought this would be an easy swap. A gift really, to my husband because my phone, my now old phone, the Samsung Strive is so user friendly! Kim! You have one...you know! Well, I guess I forgot that nothing is easy with a grumpy, crotchety old man. When did I agree to be married to that by the way!?
Saturday, we get home and I start trying to tutor Jim in the phone. There isn't much...just which buttons do what and where to go on the phone to find certain things. But of course, nothing can be easy and when he tried to sign in to his yahoo account via phone - we kept getting an error. So what does he do? He calls the woman we just bought the phone from (dumb ass! What's she going to do but want to sell us another phone? SHE'S A SALES PERSON!!!) And he puts her on speaker phone so that she can hear/talk to both of us. When I tried to grab the phone to just talk to her myself, Jim nearly smacked my hand away. FINE!!! We'll do it your way and when that doesn't remedy the problem, we'll do it mine. Oh, and lo and behold - the sales girl at AT&T didn't know what the eff was going on nor how to fix the problem. Brilliant Jim!!!
So Muir takes over - calls AT&T and gets everything remedied. Oh, and lowers our bill by about $5! Jim's reaction? GRRR, GRRR, GRRR!!! STOMP STOMP STOMP!!! WHINE WHINE WHINE!!! "This is ridiculous! Everything has to be a production!!! NOTHING can just work right the first time!!!" Me: "Hey old man? You're the only one making a production out of this." Jim: "It's ridiculous that we have to sit here for hours trying to figure this thing out!" Me: "Hours? The only reason it's taking longer than it should is because you keep stomping off and won't listen to me about how to do things. You can't just start pressing random buttons and expect things to happen correctly! QUIT BEING AN OLD MAN!!!"
We didn't really fight or anything but I did have to smack him around a bit to knock that old man out of him. I told him he was acting and looking like the old man in Up...funny...Jim didn't really appreciate that. By the way - don't you think that kind of even looks like Jim?! Even funnier!
Oh, and did I mention that I think Jim needs hearing aides (aids?)? All day yesterday I'd say something - not mumble - SAY! And Jim's reaction EVERY TIME: "What!?" ARG!!!!
K - That's my morning Monday rant about Jim. Must go dress to walk Sami in this lovely and cool, 60 degree morning. Later!

1 comment:
Poor Jimmmmmmmy!
Post a Comment