Saturday, July 10, 2010

Don't Step On A Bee Day!!!

How stupid! Why would you only have one day where you observe not stepping on a bee. I try to observe that day every day. In fact (knock on wood) I've observed that so well that never in my life have I stepped on a bee. Or I have and it didn't register because I killed the bee and he thus he didn't sting me.

So the neighborhood "island" is having a yard sale today. Jim, of course, saw this and started taking junk out to sell. After he leaves for work I may just start throwing some of his hoarded shit in the garage away and tell him later that I sold it at the yard sale. Pretty ingenious of me, huh?

Oh, get this: I was going around the circle to see what everyone had out. I stopped to talk to one of my neighbors who was playing with her little one. I asked how old she was and she said, "She'll be two next week...going on 20...she's a bit of a drama queen." So then, she hollered over to my other neighbor, "Jen" and asked if her daughter "Red" was a drama queen. Apparently this gave "Jen" free reign to shout over to us about how "Red's" "friend" arrived 2 years ago but then stopped coming by until 3 days ago and now she's all full up with the drama again since her "friends" back. Every time I see this woman, she starts telling me about her daughters menstrual cycles. No kidding. Two or three years ago she started telling about "Red" getting her "friend" for the first time and how she ruined her sheets! I mean, who tells a neighbor that in casual conversation?! If her daughter knew about this I'm sure there would be a homicide in the circle. Oh, and this is the girl who faked her "near-abduction" a few years back (when I was on the news). No wonder with a mother like that?!

Okay so today I'll just be hanging out around here. It's a Harry Potter weekend on the family channel so if I get bored I can always tune in to my favorite wizard! Love him! Otherwise, I'll just be chillin' outside with my book. It's gorgeous and I need to make sure my tan doesn't fade. I've already taken Sami on her walk (1 mile) but I can't exercise today because I can barely move. I need a break anyway after yesterday. I'm sooooo sore! I need to make sure I don't over do it.

K - so I best get going...later!

No comments: