First let me say Happy Drowsy Driver Awareness Day. Jim no longer celebrates this every night since his shift changed from driving home at midnight to driving home around 9 PM. Thank God! It's also Tartan Day...notice the tartan above...this is the Muir tartan. I need to make a quilt featuring this, huh?
So, some things that are chafing my ass. First...let me say that I had a great time yesterday at the reds game. Our seats were awesome! Section 129 in row Y. Beautiful weather. Okay we lost but hey, it was against one of the best teams in the NL...and Pujols - come on...probably the best player in baseball (at least that's what Trip says and he knows better than anyone). Now, why they even pitched to the guy after his first at bat resulted in a homer, I don't know but regardless...good game. What is chafing my ass right now is that I have a farmer's tan! Burn! I'm too stupid to live. I should have rolled the sleeves of my t-shirt up but NOOOOO, I'm a fool! Oh well...I will try and remedy that today.Here's another thing chafing: Zeke follows me everywhere in the morning. When he goes outside, he runs back in looking for me. So here I am, sitting at the computer and he pokes his head around the doorway sees me, blinks a few times and I say "HEY Zekey Zoo!!! Come here!" What does he do? He walks away. I'm left high and dry. I know he just wants me to come to him but what the hell! He's such a little pisser sometimes!
Something chafing Zeke's ass but I feel for him: The woodpeckers are back in full force. We have several smaller peckers that have been pounding away at the trees but the pileated is the guy who comes back year after year to torture Zeke. I think Zeke must have lived a previous life as a soldier with post-traumatic stress disorder. The noise this "woody the pecker" makes sounds like we're in the middle of a war zone. Poor Zeke!
Bubba's allergies continue to drive me (and poor Bubba) nuts! I wish steroids weren't so horribly bad for my baby Bubs because I would keep him hopped up on cortisone if I could. His skin is getting that horrible crustiness again...he'll be getting a bath today. His eyes are starting to get bad again and his nose looks like a dry crusty mess. And his ears are a never-ending problem. I will call the vet to see what the possibility of shooting him up again is but it's so bad for his liver I doubt he'll want to go that route. UGH!
Okay - I need to make a grocery list and head out to Kroger. Other than that, today will be a day of rest and relaxation. I'll take Sami on a nice long walk and maybe work on my quilt. I need to go to the craft store but that will probably wait for tomorrow when the weather isn't as nice. K - later.

No comments:
Post a Comment