Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Mmm...turkey...stuffing...mashed potatoes...succotash...broccoli casserole...pies (chocolate chip and apple)...ice cream...

I think I hear the treadmill calling my name. I need to walk at least 2 miles cause I plan on eating well today!

So, yesterday I went to Raeburn and Maggie and I made pies. They look and smell delicious. When the apple came out of the oven, I bent over it and took a deep inhale...it made my mouth water so much that I wanted to just stick my face in it and take a ginormous bite! While Mag and I baked, Dad did his favorite thing: Peeled potatoes! That man loves to sit at the sink and peel away! After everyone got home we had Dewey's Pizza (buffalo chicken pizza was fabulous!!!) and I managed to get home by 7...I had to feed the pups and boy were they ravenous! Ooh, when I left Raeburn, there were 3 deer in the next door neighbors yard, 5 across the street and then in the next block I saw another. There were never deer like that when I was growing up! Crazy!!!

Jim called around 10:30 and said he was going out with some people after work to have a beer and he didn't get home until 2AM!!! Good for him...I'm glad he's found people at work that he wants to have a beer with. Hopefully he'll sleep until about 10 so he's not a complete bum today.

Today: I plan on leaving here around noon. I want to wait until around 10:30 or so to feed the dogs so they aren't waiting around too long for dinner...I don't expect we'll get home until around 8 or so...and I also want to walk them before leaving. In regard to the diet change and how Bubba's doing, I go back and forth on the itching. One minute he seems better and then next he seems worse. I know they said it will take up to 8 weeks before there's a complete turn around but I feel so bad for him and just wish this were a quick fix! I think tomorrow I'll have to give him a bath because his skin is a mess. It helps relieve his itching...at least for a little while.

Anyway, I'm going to go sit and drink more coffee, read my awesome book and cuddle with my babies. I hope everyone has a superb Thanksgiving today! Eat lots and be safe! Later!

2 comments:

Diane said...

I was just catching up on my reads and saw that you are excited that I will soon feel better. That was sweet. I am realllllly sore right now but I will be fine in a few days. I have been nauseated since surgery but that too shall pass. Rick will bring me over saturday and yes, I am sure I will be fine. I already feel better today then I did yesterday. I am going to go take a hot shower and I'm sure I will feel even better. Eat some for me today b/c I'm going to stick to bland for a few days! Ok later, call me if you want, I will be here!

Dogs Mom said...

I will call you later...please, don't hesitate to bow out if you need to!