So, funny story: I'm currently teaching about the industrial revolution in America and the rise of cities. Yesterday our lesson consisted of informing the kids about how certain inventions led to this rise and eventually to suburbs etc. We had just finished talking about the streetcar (horse drawn trolleys) and how it's existence allowed even the "poor" to move about the city cheaply where before it, you either walked or were rich and had private coaches. So my question to the kids (to see what they had absorbed) was: What invention in transportation made it possible for all people to cheaply get around the cities during the industrial revolution? I received this answer: The foot!!!
Cause, apparently, before the invention of the foot, we were all walking around on ankle stumps! Boy are my kids DUMB sometimes! God love em!
Okay so didn't quite finish watching Lost last night. Fell asleep during the first hour...actually, I turned it off and watched something else just so I wouldn't get confused when I watched the whole thing tonight. Exciting life I lead, huh?
I have an IEP meeting today with a parent who is a huge pain in my ass. This is the guy who adopts all the boys. He always comes to the table with crap. He tries to act sooooo intelligent which, have you ever noticed that the people who do this only end up sounding dumber than they probably are? He'll try to use big words in the wrong context. Man! And I'm sure he'll somehow bring up the fact that his son (on my caseload) loves to love himself! Remember, that was the issues this past spring. K - I don't need that image in my head, truly. It's bad enough the kid picks his nose, right in front of my while I'm lecturing in the front of the classroom. As if his finger, digging, is invisible to me! Maybe I should make that a goal on his IEP!
1. Slappy will demonstrate restraint in where he puts his hands and fingers.
1a. Slappy will use a tissue when digging up his nose.
1b. Slappy will hole himself up in his own room, in his own house when slapping his junk
1c. Slappy will realize (how do you measure "realize") that he isn't invisible and people can see him when he's trying to touch his brain via his nostril.
That isn't inappropriate is it?
Cause, apparently, before the invention of the foot, we were all walking around on ankle stumps! Boy are my kids DUMB sometimes! God love em!
Okay so didn't quite finish watching Lost last night. Fell asleep during the first hour...actually, I turned it off and watched something else just so I wouldn't get confused when I watched the whole thing tonight. Exciting life I lead, huh?
I have an IEP meeting today with a parent who is a huge pain in my ass. This is the guy who adopts all the boys. He always comes to the table with crap. He tries to act sooooo intelligent which, have you ever noticed that the people who do this only end up sounding dumber than they probably are? He'll try to use big words in the wrong context. Man! And I'm sure he'll somehow bring up the fact that his son (on my caseload) loves to love himself! Remember, that was the issues this past spring. K - I don't need that image in my head, truly. It's bad enough the kid picks his nose, right in front of my while I'm lecturing in the front of the classroom. As if his finger, digging, is invisible to me! Maybe I should make that a goal on his IEP!1. Slappy will demonstrate restraint in where he puts his hands and fingers.
1a. Slappy will use a tissue when digging up his nose.
1b. Slappy will hole himself up in his own room, in his own house when slapping his junk
1c. Slappy will realize (how do you measure "realize") that he isn't invisible and people can see him when he's trying to touch his brain via his nostril.
That isn't inappropriate is it?
K - gotta finish the routine. I didn't exercise this morning. I'll do it when I get home. Later.

1 comment:
Who was the inventor of the foot? Was it James Watt, Eli Whitney or Alexander Graham Bell? Because I think the left that out of the history books.
Post a Comment